My client is a market leading producer of specialist products and provider of speciality services to a diverse range of industries.
A senior but hands-on management role within a small business, operating predominantly in the food industry. This position offers a unique opportunity to join a market-leading manufacturer. The role will be managing a production team producing high quality products. Working closely with Sales to ensure orders are fulfilled on time and in full and with Technical to ensure compliance to the quality management system.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide overall management, recruitment and personnel development within the Company's Production department.
- Provide direct supervision and guidance to the Assistant Production Manager, ensuring that they operate effectively and efficiently in their role.
- Work closely with the packaged product and cooking departments to optimise efficiency and increase throughput. (Key performance indicators – Kilos cooked, daily volume of packed products, percentage utilisation of pack lines and cooking facilities, percentage attendance and temporary worker cost.)
- Ensure the overall operational and financial performance in in line with agreed expectations – incorporates staff budgets, optimisation and improved process flow in conjunction with Technical and Engineering departments.
- Overall planning and organisation of production, including but not limited to, scheduling, real time packing and cooking manufacture.
- Determine necessary resources required, including personnel, packaging and materials. Continuous improvement to ensure that Health and Safety requirements are maintained and updated as necessary.
- Work with Technical to implement improved working practices, and enforce quality control standards, to support the Company’s quality systems. This includes ensuring that work flow meets deadlines and remains in specification.
The ideal candidate will have solid experience as a Production Manager within food manufacturing and a very strong knowledge of food safety and quality allied with scheduling experience and knowledge of continuous improvement methodologies such as Lean.
You will possess a working knowledge of BRC standards and be HACCP qualified Level 3. To succeed in this role, you will have good leadership skills, enjoy managing and developing people through positive encouragement and be results-orientated with a positive attitude to drive forward continuous improvement.
A University degree in Food Science or a related discipline is preferred. Equivalent experience and work experience will be considered.
Monday to Friday, 40 hour week - 8am to 5pm. The role will involve some UK and European travel.
Indicative Salary Range: £35000 - 40000
KPI Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
All candidates registering with KPI Recruitment Ltd. will need to provide proof of identity, and evidence of any experience, training and qualifications our client considers necessary for their position.
Apply for Production Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly