Ambient Resource and Inventory Planner
This opportunity would see you slot into the logistics department of this well-known food manufacturer. Reporting to the Supply Chain Manager for UK and Eire, your goal would be to provide a best in class service to the factory and to support the demand of customers.
The job would require you to be/do:
- Resource Planner – for Wets and Dry Mix, Ambient products
- Resource Planner – Internal mix required to use as a raw material
- Resource Planner – Manage the orders received from site in Holland that uses mix made in UK in recipes for their production
- Inventory Control – manage levels of stocks to ensure correct stocks to meet demand of Customers and Intercompany
- Stocks at Risk – understand stocks, managing overstocks, out of date stocks and short shelf life to minimise cost impact
- Stock Accuracy – reconcile all frozen Storage Locations within Plant, report on scrapped, write of items with cost to allocate to correct cost centre or charge to 3PL
- Point of contact – Communicate clearly and effectively to all service providers and customers to Ambient planning. Include third party customers, intercompany, plant (Quality, Production, Finance, Commercial) and Warehouse & Transport providers
- Ambient Transport Planning – Shunts from the site, Support the Site Finished Goods Warehouse, forward plan vehicles requirements to maximise loads into Ambient warehouse, support customer orders where stock is located in site warehouse
- Customer Order Management – Order shortages rectified or communicated to Customer Services of an exceptional shortage with reasons
- Customer Complaints – Logistics complaints from customers raised with follow through and close out to customer with credit if required
- Hold Status Stocks – Work with Quality to minimise customer shortage taking into consideration stock rotation
- Sale of Seconds / Short Shelf Life – Expedient reaction to stocks that are seconds / B Grade / Out of Date or Short Shelf Life. Once decision is made that no A Grade sale is available a quick response to clear stocks to minimise additional warehousing costs
- Process Order Management - Manage all your process orders created to the factory are closed out correctly, either cancelled or back flushed.
- Plan Attainment – Support the plant in calculating plan attainment, to include attending the monthly Forum 2 Operations meeting
- Master Data Cleansing – periodic review of all master data to include : Safety Stocks, Re-order Quantities, Minimum Order Quantities, Made to Stock or Order, Planning Groups
- Product Portfolio - Alignment with SAP to Portfolio on Supply Chain Master Data, to include attendance at Bi-Monthly Portfolio Meeting
- Demand Planning – Closely work with the S&OP Demand Planner to align forecast knowledge to planning expectations. Escalation of capacity constraints, stock objective queries and any such scenario that is a gap between short term planning and the longer term demand plan
- Raw Material, Ingredients and Bulk Requisitioning – Ensure orders are in place with suppliers with confirmation of supply. Ensure stock levels are accurate to meet the needs of ingredients required to meet planned production process orders
- Goods In – Follow up on materials ordered with suppliers, confirmed order acceptance, booking in and delivered OTIF
- Planning KPI’s – Work together with production to collate a suite of KPI’s lineside – Capacity v Actual at Product line level, Operational Efficiency. Feedback loop into S&OP
- Supply Chain KPI’s - Prepare and take ownership for Frozen – OTIF, Out of Stocks, Back Orders, Complaints, Warehousing /kg, Transport £/kg, Stock £ and days in stock coverage
- Support Holiday Cover - Rotation holiday cover for colleagues in Planning Roles and Intercompany Customer Service
Our clients are ideally looking for a candidate with or studying towards a CIPS qualification. They are going in to a very demanding time for the Supply Chain team, and in particular this role, as they are starting Dry Automation early next year. Therefore the candidate needs to be adaptable, experienced, and confident in handling all aspects of planning and control.
A superb working environment and package await the successful candidate.
Indicative Salary Range: £26000 - 30000
KPI Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
All candidates registering with KPI Recruitment Ltd. will need to provide proof of identity, and evidence of any experience, training and qualifications our client considers necessary for their position.