Regulatory Affairs Coordinator
The purpose of this job is to assist in the maintenance of safe and legally marketed food products for this well-known family business within Europe and Internationally.
Main duties of the role are as follows:
- Working with the Purchasing Department to ensure that all suppliers meet supplier requirements and are “Approved”. This will involve the maintenance of supplier self-audits and sign off supplier requirements statements for all food material and primary packaging suppliers via Qadex (set up/ yearly review of SAQs).
- Maintaining up to date specifications of Raw Materials (Food Ingredients and packaging materials) and bought in finished products while challenging any data supplied which is lacking in detail or is of dubious credibility.
- Overseeing and being competent in the set-up and maintenance of items on the internal system, Hamilton Grant Product Data Management system and related databases and hard copy records as appropriate.
- Verifying the legality of labels and promotional material for finished products at all stages, particularly at point of set up for new or amended products. This to include the maintenance of supporting records, printers, proofs etc.
- The completion of customer and in-house specifications.
- The completion of raw material compliance status (RSPO, Kosher, Halal, UTZ) against current procedure and relevant standards.
- Checking and approving artwork.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Educated to degree level in a Food Science, Legal or related subject.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a technical role in the food manufacturing industry desirable.
- Strongly IT orientated and experience of working with SAP, PLM, Access Database, Labelling software & Hamilton Grant desirable.
- Successful completion of a Legal Labels course & an intermediate or advanced Food Hygiene certificate.
- Current knowledge of food regulations EU, UK and International.
- Experienced with checking and approving raw material specifications.
- Must have a keen eye for detail and be a self-starter.
- A positive can do attitude, ability to demonstrate leadership and drive for results and work effectively in a team as well as independently.
- Eagerness to learn, improve and take initiative.
If you enjoy a fast paced challenging environment then this one could be for you.
Indicative Salary Range: £28000 - 30000
KPI Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
All candidates registering with KPI Recruitment Ltd. will need to provide proof of identity, and evidence of any experience, training and qualifications our client considers necessary for their position.