Our client is a supplier of top quality food products to the UK market, and are part of a larger EU based business They are currently looking for an experienced Technical Manager to join them and lead their Technical team through a BRC audit.
The site is a modern development which has recently seen major investment in extended buildings and new and extended processing lines freezing and storage facilities.
The business is planning to expand into the UK retail markets and is developing systems in order to attain BRC certification. The site has recently attained SALSA certification
The Technical manager will form part of the site Management team (alongside the Factory manager, Engineer, Admin manager) who each report to the Site Managing Director.
The Technical Manager role includes a degree of support to the rest of the team.
The Technical manager will have the opportunity to recruit and develop an appropriate team to cover future tasks such as Internal audit, QA supervision, Specifications administration and Hygiene team supervision.
Responsibilities will include taking ownership of and a proactive role in:
- Assisting the Production manager to develop and train the production team,
- Liaison with Admin, Sales, Production and Engineering colleagues plus the General Manager.
- Developing the Food Safety Management System in line with the HACCP and BRC plan
- Heading up all Factory Food safety and Quality Audits (e.g. Customer, SALSA, BRC, and Governmental).
- Investigating incidents and internal/externally raised issues so that coherent plans and responses can be made for staff and other parties.
- Ensuring that the site takes a professional approach to food safety quality and legality, has the appropriate due diligence systems in place and operates within them.
- Ensuring a strong presence on the factory floor.
- Being the Technical/Quality/Food Safety point of contact for each of: Suppliers, Customers, Government food safety authorities.
- Preferably trained in a Food related subject, ideally including Food Technology /Science, and/or have a good knowledge of seafood handling practices.
- Experience with direct supply to the UK retail sector chilled/frozen food manufacturing industry (preferably in Seafood or meat) and with front line exposure to external audits (e.g. from UK retailer or BRC).
- A self-starter able to work under their own initiative and having the ability to communicate clearly and effectively with factory staff, colleagues, senior management, customers and authorities.
- The ability to discuss and present an appropriate response to difficult situations (e.g. with colleagues or suppliers or customers) in order to achieve an appropriate result.
- A well organised individual who is a proficient time manager and capable of developing and using their team to prioritise and handle many tasks.
This is an excellent role and one where you can build and take ownership of your own technical team.
Relocation assistance is available for this role.
Indicative Salary Range: £40000 - 50000
KPI Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
All candidates registering with KPI Recruitment Ltd. will need to provide proof of identity, and evidence of any experience, training and qualifications our client considers necessary for their position.
Apply for Technical Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly