Production Team Leader
Do you want to be paid weekly for a permanent job? Do you want the perfect work life balance with at least 3 days off per week?
We are currently recruiting for Supervisors / Team Leaders to join us in the role of Line Controller / First Line Leader / Supervisor working nights at our Manton Wood "Food to Go" Production Facility. Shifts start at 5.30pm.
Your key focus will be to control a food production line and manage a team of up to 40 operatives to ensure products are consistently prepared to company standards and within the agreed production plan.
Salary range £24450 to £27273 DOE
We have the following shift pattern available
4 on 4 off, 3 on 3 off - average 42 hours per week
Wednesday to Saturday (4 on = 48 hours) 5.30pm to 5.30am then
Thursday to Saturday (3 on = 36 hours) 5:30pm to 5.30amPackage description
- Free Parking
- Fully subsidised canteen serving hot food and sandwiches
- Staff Shop - discounted products e.g. ready meals, sandwiches, cakes and other items
- 20 Days holiday per year + 8 statutory bank holidays
- Training, development and qualifications to help you grow your career. Qualifications include Advanced Operator, Team Leader, Food Technologist, Project Manager and Trainee Manager.
- Cycle to work scheme
- Company Pension scheme
- Childcare Scheme
- Shopping discounts with multiple retailer discounts and offers
- Sharesave Scheme
- Westfield Health Care - Healthcare Cash Plan
- PPE is provided free of charge including safety shoes, thermal fleece jackets/body warmers, gloves and hats
As Line Controller / First Line Leader you will have responsibility for a food production line and will ensure that production meets with the agreed plan. You will manage and lead a team of up to 40 operatives and ensure that performance within your area is maximised through careful monitoring, identifying trends and acting upon opportunities to increase quality and performance.
You’ll also understand the value of great communication and you’ll run daily meetings along with weekly briefings for your team to ensure they are clearly focused on their key objectives and as individuals, developed to maximise their potential.
We run recruitment / assessment events on a weekly basis at our Manton Wood site in Worksop. Successful candidates will be offered immediate start dates where notice periods allow.
Recruitment / assessment events are held weeekly generally on Wednesday evening starting at 5.30pm for night shift roles.
PLEASE NOTE - If you apply for multiple roles then you will only be invited to attend ONE assessment event and you will be asked which 2 roles/shift patterns you would prefer. Where possible, if each of the roles you have applied for are appropriate based on your experience, then we will assess you against each of your preferred top 2 roles and if you are successful it is likely you will be offered your 1st or 2nd choice.Ideal candidate
- Previous experience working in Food Manufacturing is preferred but not essential
- Good attention to detail
- Ability to adapt communication style to direct and manage none English speaking people within your team
- Able to work under pressure and in a fast paced environment
- An accreditation in level 2 food hygiene and HACCP would be beneficial but full training is provided
- English Level 2 or above
- Maths Level 2 or above
Greencore Manton Wood produce fresh sandwiches and wraps for the majority of Supermarket retailers in the UK. We produce over 4 million sandwiches every week and have almost 2000 employees. The site operates 7 days a week.
This is a fast paced and growing business which offers plenty of opportunity for employees who want to progress their career in Food Manufacturing.