Process Technologist – Poole - £26000
My client, a successful food group, is currently recruiting for a Process Technologist to join their Process Development Team. The site you will be working for is an established site with a strong history. It is proud of its dedicated Research & Development Team and Manufacturing Operations, based on a culture of continuous improvement and innovation is high on its agenda.
Working as part of a Team, the successful process development technologist will facilitate and own a smooth transition from product concept to launch. You will also trial and develop raw materials and / or processes in order to make recommendations for manufacturing improvements in line with the current business strategy.
Process technologist duties will include:
· Assisting in the delivery of new product launches to Process Handover stage
· Planning and arranging , co-ordinating & documenting new product trials to ensure effective use of trial time and quality
· Document process ideals for new & existing product
· Produce, agree & issue the weekly factory trial plan
· Respond to process and/or manufacturing problems brought by Production Management and recommend corrective actions
· Maintain a sound understanding of all customer projects & critical paths
· Illustrate a sound understanding of recipes, commercial, benchmarks & manufacturing capabilities.
· Work closely with the Development Team
Food Process Technologist key skills for the role must include:
· Food Technology Degree or equivalent experience
· Passion for food
· Product & Process knowledge
· Knowledge of Best Management Practice
· Bakery / Meat experience would be helpful though not essential
The company offers a good salary and an excellent benefits package. The hours are Monday to Friday 8am to 5pm