Rotating 4 on 4 off shifts DAYS 5:30am - 5:30pm
Reports to: Engineering Team Leader
Location: Malton site
We are currently seeking a self-motivated individual for the position of Multi Skilled Engineer. As a valued member of the engineering team, you will be required to ensure site achievement of the required engineering regulatory standards.
- Engineering activities with due consideration for safe plant operations. Assessing all aspects of maintenance procedures, ensuring a safe working environment at all times.
- Understanding of engineering and operational KPI’s and be able to identify areas for improvement.
- The successful candidate must be familiar with process machinery or equivalent equipment and have the ability to fault find.
- The successful candidate must have a proactive approach to line maintenance.
- Ideally, the successful candidate will have food manufacturing experience.
The successful candidate will ideally have:
- City and Guilds electrical qualification or equivalent of time served
- IEE 17th Edition
- Mechanical fitting skills
- Refrigeration experience
- Packaging and slicing equipment experience
- F gas
- Working at height
- Air and pneumatics trained
- Advanced PC skills would be an advantage
You should be able to demonstrate a high level of quality consciousness and have an eye for detail. You should also be able to demonstrate decision-making ability and a sound knowledge of good manufacturing practice.
We are also looking for someone with the ability to be fair and objective when making decisions, an excellent communicator and a team-player.
Karro Food Group Overview
Core to Karro’s beliefs are continuous innovation; adapting our products and services to ensure we are an industry leading, forward thinking and flexible business. We have Pride in People….Pride in People means that we are passionate about succeeding, growing and developing, and see the hugely important role of our people in achieving this. It means we care about people who care. It also means that we believe success is achieved through having the right people with the right attributes - Pride, Passion, Commitment, Accountability, Effort, Agility and Innovation.
In order to achieve this, we are dedicated to rewarding and enriching the careers of the people who can make this happen. If you are hardworking, willing to get involved and respond well to a challenging and fast-moving environment, then you will find Karro to be a well-matched employer who will support you at every turn and reward your dedication with support, development and long-term career prospects.
Karro process circa 45,000 pigs each week for delivery to the UK’s major supermarkets and wholesale food suppliers markets, all with full supply chain visibility. Our pork is eaten by millions of consumers every year, and is stocked across the country by leading retailers.
Our head office is based in Malton, North Yorkshire and employs around 1,100 employees. Malton slaughters, butchers, cures, processes and packs and offers a range of products from fresh cuts of pork to cured gammons. Malton is one of the few pig processing plants that can export to both America and China and carries the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) license.
Apply for Multi-Skilled Engineer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly