Head Baker - Bradford
Head Baker – Bradford
Hovis is one the UK’s leading food brands. In fact, it’s worth over £400m in retail sales. In a very competitive crowd, we’ve continued to demonstrate category leading product innovation & quality.
Our brand heritage and most recent performance is testament to this. Unsurprisingly, we have bold ambitions for our business & brand. We’re now searching for a proactive and committed Head Baker ready to play a key role in the next chapter of our journey. Please see below for more detail.
- To ensure our products consistently exceed consumer expectation for Quality
- To be the subject matter expert on baking at Site
- To drive the principles of the Quality Strategy and be the site ambassador for Quality
- To drive baking knowledge and help deliver relevant and up to date Quality baking training programmes
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Development of process controls relating to product and equipment specification Delivering Quality Strategy through in depth understanding of bakery processes and recipe development. Keep up to date on bakery trends and innovation; translate this to plant objectives Develop training plans relating to process and fill any development gaps for all employees Successfully implement new product launches on site, by supporting Central NPD team Member of the Hovis Head Baker Team, purpose being to align / agree aspects of approach which benefit the Hovis sites as a whole, sharing best practice, successes and ideas for improvement.
Metrics / KPIs:
- % of production team trained and signed off as competent in the wheat to bread process
- % of equipment functioning within target quality parameters
- Meeting or exceeding Bream Exam targets
- Number of complaints per million units relating to recipe & process
KNOWLEDGE & SPECIFIC JOB SKILLS
Knowledge & Experience
- Likely to have a minimum of 5 years plant bakery process knowledge and experience
- Likely to have a minimum of 2 years craft, Test Bakery NPD (ingredients knowledge) or ISB experience
- Proven training experience
- Proven competence in driving product and process validation and improvement
- Coaching and mentoring
- Interpersonal impact / ability to influence others
- Not afraid to challenge convention
- Financial Awareness
- Act as both local guardian and national link to Hovis Ltd
- HNC / HND / NVQ 3 in Bakery / Food Technology
- Training / teaching / coaching experience in or outside work.
- Experience of new product introduction processes and implementation
Apply for Head Baker - Bradford
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly