Quality Assurance Manager
Quality Assurance Manager
£30,000 - £35,000 plus package
Are you looking to be part of a large FMCG business where you will have responsibility for managing your team whilst advising on all technical aspects of factory production and its environment?
As the Quality Assurance Manager you will be responsible for ensuring that all products meet customer and legal requirements, particularly for food safety. You must be able to react quickly to changing circumstances and make decisions based on fact.
The Quality Assurance Manager is a hands on role requiring high organisation and the ability to operate at a high level of autonomy. The role will be responsible for supporting and improving the quality assurance processes across the factory site and will include auditing of suppliers & contract manufacturers, investigations into consumer complaints & non-conformances.
- Ownership and management of technical systems to meet regulatory requirements
- Successful new product / process introduction through specifications, product information, reference samples, photographs, Use By schedules, proofing Specs, etc.
- Design, implementation, maintenance and continuous improvement of HACCP based Quality Management Systems.
- Corrective action and control of non-conforming ingredients / product, products under hold, reject and returns and speed of action and problem solving
- Provide technical guidance, training and support to other departments, developing awareness and understanding of technical issues.
- Product / process / environmental improvements to meet Customer and legislative requirements and progress against internal KPIs
- Daily reporting for the operation team, providing relevant information to facilitate problem solving and continuous improvement. Liaise with Customers / Statutory Bodies during factory visits and audits providing information required and implementing corrective action where necessary (Management of Next Steps) and the compilation of response reports.
- Conducting scheduled external Quality / Food Safety Management System Audits
- Attending and monitoring trial productions (including NPD & Packaging)
The Successful candidate:
- A science degree or equivalent
- 5 years or more experience within the quality function of a Food & Beverage organisation
- QMS Auditing skills
- Microbiology experience
- Flexible, enthusiastic, hardworking and committed to a career in Quality Management
Apply for Quality Assurance Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly