Technical Sales Manager - Bakery
With a history dating back over 100 years our client is one of the UK’s leading Bakery Ingredients suppliers. Privately owned and with an unrivaled level of focus on R&D our client operates within the Retail, Industrial and Foodservice channels. An opportunity has arisen to recruit a Technical Sales Manager with a hands on background in Bakery combined with Sales expertise to manage key Industrial Bakeries across the UK.
In this Technical Sales role you will be working cross functionally to maintain and develop profitable relationships with a portfolio of Industrial Bakery customers across the UK & Ireland.
- To report directly into the UK Sales Director
- P&L responsible, develop sales volumes and increase margins within customer base
- Identify and lead new business opportunities with the customer
- Create NPD opportunities and ‘value added’ products as part of an ongoing strategy
- Project Management of new products and all product launches within customer base
- Work cross functionally with R&D, Supply Chain, Operations and the Commercial teams
- A qualified Baker ideally or at least a solid technical understanding of Bakery
- A sales/commercial track record within a B2B/ Industrial role
- An ability to work collaboratively and cross functionally
- NPD experience is advantageous however not essential
- Hands on, self driven and determined individual
This role is Home based with 2 days per week in the Oxfordshire Head Office.
In return our client is offering a highly competitive basic salary (negotiable dependent on experience)with access to a company bonus scheme, company car, 10% Contributory Pension and 25 Days Holiday (plus statutory days).
If you feel you possess the necessary experience combined with drive and ambition then we would welcome your application and we’ll be in touch with further information.
Please note, due to the high volume of applications if you do not hear from us within 7 working days then please consider you application unsuitable on this occasion. We will however retain your details on file and be in touch should a suitable opportunity arise – thank you.