This is an exciting new role at a growing company following continuous expansion and a new customer coming on board. This role will form a valuable part of the existing technical team.
- Ensure there is an appropriate and timely resolution and/or escalation of food safety and quality related issues.
- Generate and manage product specifications.
- Create and manage product labels ensuring legal standards are met for all packing formats.
- The Specifications Technologist will be a member of the HACCP and TACCP teams and a key user for all customer specification portals.
- Responsible for the management of the supplier approval programme and the completion of all customer questionnaires.
- Responsible for the overall management and maintenance of the packaging and label libraries.
- Ensure full traceability is achievable from intake back through from supplier to farm with provenance and integrity of all raw materials known and understood.
- Provide technical input for all developmental work to ensure all new products are safe, legal and can be manufactured to meet the highest of quality standards.
- The Specifications Technologist will be a key user of Nutricalc for the generation of nutritional tables and ingredient declarations.
- Request and maintain up to date and accurate specifications for all raw materials and packaging used on site.
- Ensure customers pack copies are submitted on time and the information is accurate.
- Ensure accurate allergen information is in place for all specifications, labels, customer questionnaires and factory product matrices.
- Request and retain up to date certificates of conformity and analysis for all raw materials, packaging and food contact equipment used by the Company.
- Responsible for the generation and maintenance or controlled recipes, shelf life data, organoleptic standards, reheat/cooking validations and artwork.
- Support the wider technical team as required.
- Food science related degree.
- Experience in a food manufacturing environment, ideally factory based.
- Experience with on-line specifications systems (particularly with Waitrose)
- A working knowledge of related food labelling legislation.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to engage and interact with all levels of personnel.
- Ability to engage and train others, with the foresight to adapt your style when required to ensure that ‘the message’ is received and understood.
- Strong organisational and analytical skills with an ability to prioritise.
- High levels of computer literacy.
- The ability to cope and adapt to change in a fast and ever changing environment.
- A genuine pride in all that you do and work with the philosophy that ‘fine is not good enough
This is an office based position.
Indicative Salary Range: £25000 - 27000
KPI Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
All candidates registering with KPI Recruitment Ltd. will need to provide proof of identity, and evidence of any experience, training and qualifications our client considers necessary for their position.