QC Technician / Lab Technician
My Client, an established FMCG company based in Shepton Mallet is currently looking to recruit a Quality Control / Lab technician to work at their site. The hours will be Monday – Friday 6-2pm / 2-10pm /10 -6am.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Responsible for the setup, calibration and verification of all quality instruments;
- Conduct chemical / microbiological / packaging and sensory analysis in accordance with quality plans;
- Liaise with the manufacturing teams’ to ensure the understanding of quality specifications and requirements in line with the needs of the business;
- Comply with all SHE, Quality, Technical and Food Safety requirements and standards;
- Participate in meetings and briefings as necessary in order to ensure best practice is maintained across the site;
- Provide an effective internal customer service, including proactive support of production through the participation of improvement activities; ad hoc projects and problem-solving processes;
- Raise any concerns or anomalies with the Quality Manager in order to continuously drive improvement;
- Identify, report, record and investigate non-conformances, ensuring close out of all actions;
- Compile and communicate reports as appropriate;
- Provide a pro-active role in continuous improvement of site quality systems and procedures;
- Ensure timely and accurate completion of all documentation (signing for traceability / accountability) and system transactions required to operate, meet customer requirements and improve performance;
- Provide analysis and trending of data to identify areas of concern;
- Conduct an audit of systems, hygiene, HACCP and suppliers.
- Proven problem solving skills, with the ability to work as part of a team and on your own initiative;
- Comprehensive data collation and report writing ability;
- Demonstrable track record of delivering high quality work timeously, coupled with the ability to contribute to the generation of ideas for improvement;
- Strong organisation skills with an ability to prioritise own workload effectively; and
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively across all levels.
- Recognised science qualification and with a minimum of 2 years’ Quality Assurance experience within a food / drinks / pharmaceutical lab environment;
- Excellent working knowledge of HACCP and Quality Systems combined with excellent IT skills;
- Experienced in Chemical, Microbiological, Sensory and Packaging analysis with the capacity to work to targets within a fast-paced environment; and
- IT literate with strong knowledge of Microsoft Office packages.
The salary is £22500 + Night Shift Allowance