Assistant Manager, Distribution Operations
Permanent, Days Based
Salary Circa £45,000 - £50,000 + Local Bonus Plan + Pension Plan + Healthcare + Free Parking
What you become part of:
Wakefield Distribution Centre is a 24/7 operation, our Automated Storage and Retrieval System (ASRS) warehouse holds 30,000 pallets, alongside a racked and block-stacked conventional warehouse of 15,000 pallets. The combined typical annual throughput is over three million pallets. Every 24 hours we expect to receive around 3,000 pallets from the on-site manufacturing operation, directly into the ASRS, as well as handling around 300-340 vehicle movements. Inbound vehicles arrive from our other factory sites, with palletised goods. We assemble orders of full pallets for dispatch to our customers and other sites across our network. Most customers order bulk pallets, which are assembled from the ASRS and rear-loaded onto third party haulage vehicles. We also carry out a sizeable case-picking operation within the adjacent conventional warehouse.
What to expect:
As the Assistant Distribution Operations Manager, you will be responsible for the day to day running of the Distribution operation in Wakefield. This role is critical to the performance of the site and often the holder of the role will be the most senior representative of the Distribution team on site. Reporting to the Distribution Operations Manager you will directly manage a team of up to seven team leaders, your key responsibilities will include:
- Being accountable for a variety of business metrics including safety, cost, and service and there is an expectation for delivering a year on year improvement in all of these areas and more.
- Ensure customer expectations are met on time and in full, by inspiring your team to follow operational processes, maintain stock accuracy and load/unload vehicles promptly and coaching in developmental areas of your reports.
- Monitor your team’s performance making tactical choices to optimise service levels without overspending our budget (circa. £13m +).
- Guide the team effectively under pressure from multiple areas of the business
- Grow, develop and engage your team via our performance management processes and successfully develop pipeline talent of the future
- Embrace change and drive operational excellence through development and delivery of key projects and operational changes.
- Building relationships with key stakeholders from around the business and sharing of best practice between CCEP operational sites.
Skills & Essentials:
- Ability to demonstrate a people focused management style.
- Strong record of people management and development.
- Demonstrable ability to comprehend change management and be able to identify changes and focus areas for your team.
- Willing to accept responsibility for long term, sustained performance improvement
- Ability to work under pressure whilst managing multiple timed targets simultaneously
- Strong ability to drive operation compliance to process
- Ability to make critical decisions within a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication and influencing skills
- Strong IT skills
- You will maintain high standards of customer service, for internal customers (e.g. factory) and external customers (e.g. retailers) and communicate these values to your team.
- Having natural creative flair and being full of ideas and energy to introduce new concepts and innovations
Learn more about Coca-Cola European Partners
From a secret recipe to a bold idea and very proud traditions, we build the future. Coca-Cola European Partners (CCEP) is a major fast-moving consumer goods business in Europe and the world’s largest independent Coca-Cola bottler. Across 13 countries, our employees make, sell and distribute the world’s most loved drinks brands to more than 300 million people. Some of the brands you will find in our portfolio are Coca-Cola®, Fanta®, Powerade®, Glaceau Vitaminwater®, Monster® And Capri-Sun®.
Leading brands, great people and a focus on (personal) growth that comes with it.
Do you like to be able to influence and make a difference? Does a fast paced environment suit you?
Do you enjoy working in a multi-functional environment with a desire to succeed?
At CCEP, we want to provide a workplace where people are inspired to be the best they can be. We know that engaged, motivated employees, working to their full capacity and able to reach their personal career goals, are a critical part of our Company’s long-term success.
We believe that equal opportunities means inclusion, diversity and fair treatment for all.