Development Project Manager
Title: Development Manager
Roles and Responsibilities
- Point of contact for Customer on NPD Projects.
- Support Sales team on all NPD/NPI Projects
- Co-ordination of all customer projects at site level from initiation, through development, first productions and final review to ensure all sites, departments and suppliers meet critical project dates the NPI process, to include but not exclusively the following:
- Translation of customer projects into particular work streams, completing the necessary documentation to support the key functions at site level to meet the customer requests.
- Communicating and liaising with the customer, quality, R&D, sales, procurement, operations, supply chain teams and finance to ensure customer requests and projects are delivered on time and in full. Ensuring key stakeholders are fully engaged throughout the entire process.
- Management of NPI process end to end ensuring the process follows the gated process and is fully transparent and visible to all stakeholders, maintain the project critical path and run regular NPI conference calls
- Administration of NPI/NPD documents required both internally and externally.
- Liaise with customer to ensure first production sign off.
- As part of the NPI process ensure that trials take place and modifications occur before the quality attribute sheets are raised and signed off by production, quality and the customer when appropriate.
- Ensure the products developed/offered match the customers and business requirements.
- Ensure the artwork process is managed at site level to meet the critical path and communicate with customers, commercial, artwork houses and printers on timescales, status of project and any potential delays.
- Sign off technical content of artwork.
- Ensure specifications have been completed and approved by the customer including customers own specification systems.
- Ensure internal specifications for extrusion and packing are completed before first production.
- Co-ordinate with site teams to ensure samples go out on time in full
- Organisation of appropriate internal meetings.
- Post project launch post mortems or review organisation and then communication of leaning points for the future, including unsuccessful tenders
- Internal and external presentations where required.
- Communication of customer visits with the particular site or supplier.
- Understand the sites packaging capabilities.
- Challenge current practices and processes to develop lean project management
- Understanding of the business and customer KPI'S
- Ensure each sites internal NPI processes meet customer requirements and support optimisation when required.
- Develop good mechanism of communication.
- Provide technical input to sales and site teams when appropriate.
- Communication/Liaison with appropriate site teams on issues raised by customer and ensuring they are responded too in a timely and robust way.
- Develop a detailed thorough knowledge of the sites products, capabilities, constraints.
- Develop a detailed knowledge of the market in terms of brand leaders, competitors and specific customer dynamics and trends
- Understand product ingredients, manufacturing and packaging processes to ensure communication with customers is meaningful and accurate.
- Develop innovation plans in conjunction with Sales and R & D teams.
- As part of the innovation plan ensure product developments meet the current market trends.
- Be aware of capex projects being run at site and input accordingly to ensure the project delivers customer immediate requirements and those of the future, if known.
- Co-ordinate customer visits to site ensuring all relevant samples and information is available for the meeting.
- Be aware of new raw materials and trial as appropriate. Ensure the raw material approval process has been completed before use.
- Be aware of all relevant legislation and changes to the legislation and how these may affect the process, products or customers.
- Good project manager that is focused on delivering projects on time and in full
- Be able to translate and communicate customer requests to the appropriate teams ensuring they have the key information.
- Team Player and be able to develop relationships with both customers and colleagues
- Good communicator
- Be innovative in approach to the position.
- Continuously drive improvement.
- Computer literate.
- The ability to prepare and deliver presentations internally and externally.
- Co-ordinate effective meetings maintaining clear records
- Challenge where appropriate.
- Work on own initiative.
- Be able to travel across Europe
- Competence in Food Science, Food Processing, Legislation and Specifications, manufacturing experience
- Strategic thinker