Shift Engineer - Sebon Site
Shift Engineer - Sebon Site
A great opportunity has arisen at Hovis we're looking for a Shift Engineer to play a key role in supporting Engineering Team at the Sebon Site.
Sebon Bakery is considered as a craft bakery. The bakery has four lines producing 800g bread – 6 sack, 400g bread – 9 sack, Rondo Plant, Roll Plant, producing customer branded products as well as Hovis Bakery Products.
Sebon celebrates its talent throughout the site by strengthening the family spirit and informal environment based on two way communication and employee engagement which has resulted in our reputation as the bakery committed to providing high quality product to our customers in line with the Life Long Customer Loyalty programme.
- To provide engineering resource in carrying out planned maintenance, breakdown repairs, refurbishment, installation, improvements and modification or upgrade to plant and services in order to minimize downtime and maintain the equipment in the best possible condition.
- To strive towards continuous improvement of all machinery and equipment in order to effectively reduce engineering downtime, thereby maintaining plant availability, efficiency, productivity and product quality at all times.
- To carry out all engineering work to high Engineering, Quality, Safety and Hygienic standards
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Carry out planned preventative maintenance inspections, undertaking daily plant checks and updating computerized work orders in order to provide an accurate tracking system of work schedules.
- To ensure all PPM schedules are completed as instructed.
- To identify potential hazards / risks to the Health & Safety Co-coordinator or responsible person upon discovery.
- To maximize efficiencies in terms of OEE and unit costs.
- To ensure that Health and Safety laws and company policies are being complied with at all times.
- The operation of the ID Hammer system or current recording system for stoppage time entries/plant histories, works orders, planned maintenance
- To undertake emergency breakdown repairs in a timely and efficient way on all production equipment.3
- Booking of parts used via the IDHAMMER system
- Undertake schedules, non-scheduled and reactive maintenance duties.
- Carry out effective repairs in a timely manner.
- Participate in training.
- Provide flexible engineering shift cover – Days and Nights
- Maintain high housekeeping standards.
- To undertake other duties as requested with due regard to relevant engineering, operational quality, safety and hygiene standards.
- To undertake training and up-skilling programs as directed by business needs and to keep abreast of technological advancements.
- To maintain skills in line with technological advancements.
- To obtain Permits to Work and to sign out Permits to Work where ever required.
- Ensure an in depth-handover s provided to oncoming engineer. This is to include any outstanding engineering, manufacturing or stores issues.
- Provide a 24 hour 7 day engineering cover to support the bakery.
Any other duties which reasonably correspond to the general character of the role. The above list of accountabilities is not exhaustive and the post holder may be required to undertake duties as may be reasonably expected. All employees are required to be flexible and co-operative in order to assist in meeting business needs.
KNOWLEDGE & SPECIFIC JOB SKILLS
- Multi skilled competency.
- Health & Safety Awareness
- Good decision making and problem solving skills.
- Experience of working on your own or within a team.
- Computer literate
- Good communication skills (Verbal & written)
- Proven Mechanical skills
- Basic knowledge of PLC’s
- Ability to understand and apply new legislation
- Competent use of workshop equipment
- Experience within an FMCG environment.
- Risk assessment awareness
- Awareness of relevant statutory requirements, Food Hygiene, Health & Safety, Weights & Measures.
- Basic Food Hygiene certificate.
Location - Mitcham
Reports to - Engineering Manager
All candidates must have right to work in the UK.