Key Account Manager
A successful and well established UK supplier of food ingredients is seeking to recruit an experienced Key Account Manager to further develop its portfolio of food manufacturing and food service customers in the North of England. This opportunity would suit a highly motivated individual who is keen to play a major role in the growth of the business and develop new accounts in a largely underdeveloped territory.
The company offers a broad range of ambient, chilled and frozen ingredients for use by food manufacturers and food service providers. Your role is to help grow the business by developing new profitable customer accounts and increasing sales with the portfolio of existing customers in the north.
You will develop a new business strategy in collaboration with the senior management team. Your objective will be to identify and build relationships with procurement personnel and development chefs at prospective and existing customers in order to understand their ingredients requirements and identify sales opportunities for the company. You would also identify areas for potential product range extension based on customer demand.
Key areas of responsibility:
- Developing profitable sales in the Northern region
- Prospecting including the identification of potential customers, securing appointments and matching prospect needs with the companies offerings
- Selling including sales visits, winning sales, follow through, call and visit reports
- Liaising with the technical team to provide customers support and help resolve any issues
- Identifying market trends, gathering market intelligence and insights on competitor activity to make recommendations on the companies growth strategy
- Inputting on pricing strategy
- Providing input for marketing and customer communication
- Attending trade-shows to gather market intelligence
What is on offer:
The business will provide you with the opportunity to become an influential member of the team with growth prospects to become a member of the senior management team. They offer an attractive benefit scheme that includes a car allowance, performance bonus, pension plan, laptop and company phone. The role is home based, but it is expected that you will spend two to four days per month on average in the company's office in Cheshire.
Qualifications and experience:
You will have a successful track record in selling food ingredients or a related area to food manufacturers and food service companies in the north. You will have active relationships with procurement and development chefs in food manufacturers in the north that you can call on to promote the company's product range. You will have excellent communication skills, be results driven, commercially astute, organised and proactive. You will need a full UK driving licence.