The Real Wrap Co are an industry leading sandwich and Food to Go maker with an excellent reputation. We produce millions of sandwiches a year from our purpose-built factory in Avonmouth and distribute them to our amazing customers around the country.
We are looking for a Technical Manager to join our ever growing management team.
Being part of the management team, you will be responsible for all areas relating to product and consumer safety throughout the manufacturing process and make sure that appropriate corrective actions are taken.
We are looking for a confident and caring leader who has strong training skills. You must have a proven track record of implementing policies and procedures to large work force.
- Ensuring the BRC, STS, BSA certifications are achieved and maintained.
- Implement and maintain quality management systems, company policies, standard operational procedures and due diligence documents.
- Plan and maintain the QC & QA function through a program of regular checks including assessments of raw materials, intermediate work in progress and finished product
- Responsible to verify product specifications for issue to customers, contacting customers on any technical issues that need resolution
- Developing and maintaining company HACCP systems ensuring food safety always responsible for monitoring all customer complaints and monitor trends
- Be responsible of maintaining traceability throughout the site.
- Assessing the training needs of the production staff
- Liaising with all levels of the business
- Setting Key Performance Indicators for the Technical team
- Co-ordinate and Manage all internal, customer and accreditation audits.
- Maintain working conditions, Health & Safety and environmental requirements within the areas of their control.
- To carry such other duties that may be reasonably requested
- Attend all training as directed.
- Good time management and planning skills
- Knowledge of the manufacturing environment.
- Ability to solve complex manufacturing problems
- Attention to detail
- Co-operates and works well with others throughout the company in pursuit of team goals, sharing information and supporting others Constantly mindful of ethical standards both personally and professionally, showing integrity, reliability and trustworthiness.
- Be tolerant and patient with others
- Be a positive upbeat character who motivates throughout the whole day and through jobs required
- Degree/HND in Food Science or related subject
- Level 3 HACCP in Food Manufacturing. Level 3 food safety in manufacturing. Experience in a management role for 3 years or more.
- Good level of English essential communication skills and computer literate.
- Internal audit trained to BRC Standard
Days and hours of work are Monday – Friday 08.00am – 17.00 (Sunday working may be required on a Rota Basis)
Join our team and you will:
- Receive a salary of £37,000 - £42,000 per annum
- Directors pledge to increase all staff salaries by minimum of 1% every 6 months for the next 2 years
- Receive holiday entitlement of 28 Holidays per annum (including Bank Holidays)
- Be eligible to join a pension scheme
- Lunch provided daily
- Join a friendly and supportive team
This is an excellent and exciting opportunity to become a valued team member of a growing company.