Food Safety Systems Advisor
A Food Safety Management Systems Advisor is required to join a leading Food & Drink advisory business based in the West Midlands.
You will primarily be based at the company’s offices in the West Midlands but there will likely be the requirement for some travel throughout the UK as well as abroad. Some of these trips will involve overnight stays.
To manage and deliver scientific and technical projects giving high quality and cost-effective solutions to the company’s clients.
- Planning and execution of technical delivery as guided by your line manager or others within the team, ability to plan and manage your own time to meet deadlines. This will be on a blend of training projects and contract projects (e.g. audit/pre-audit, consultancy). The complexity of which will build with time and experience
- Present, using PowerPoint and other appropriate techniques, training materials on both scheduled and bespoke client training courses. The frequency and complexity of which will build with time and experience
- Provide support to others in the team to design, prepare and maintain training course materials
- Respond to direct technical enquiries, with support from your line manager, including the provision of guidance and performing audits/pre-audits. The frequency and complexity of which will build with time and experience
- Prepare client reports under supervision to agreed standards
- Prepare project proposals/tenders for clients to a level agreed with the line manager
- Maintenance of equipment and records for business management system purposes
- Perform internal audits for the Department and site as required
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- A graduate in a relevant scientific subject or equivalent (e.g. experience).
- Food industry experience in a technical or quality management role within a food manufacturing environment of around 2 years. Applications from new graduates would also be welcomed.
- Practical experience of at least one global food safety initiative benchmarked scheme (e.g. BRC) when in post to fulfil the job requirements.
- Demonstrable understanding of HACCP principles, with a formal qualification
- Training experience, with a formal qualification of at least Train the Trainer when in post to fulfil the job requirements.
- Practical experience of auditing
- Full UK/EU driving licence.
- IT literate, a working knowledge of Power Point when in post to fulfil the job requirements.
Interested? Then click the apply button today or contact Rob Salter for further information on 01233 223712 / firstname.lastname@example.org
All Applicants must have the right to work in the UK or hold the appropriate work permit.
Apply for Food Safety Systems Advisor
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly