Factory QA Lead
Position: Factory QA Lead
Based: Littleborough, United Kingdom
Would you like to become a part of a leading organisation that brings the Joy of Flavour to Life and makes Every Meal and Moment Better?
We are currently looking for a Quality Assurance Technician to join our team. Do you thrive in a fast paced, international work environment?
If so, you might be the person we are looking for! Our growth starts with yours.
- Deputise for the Operations QA Manager in his/her absence (where appropriate), in accordance with the Crisis Management procedure, and support the QA Leadership team as required as part of a professional and motivated team
- Manage all aspects of the Factory Quality function to ensure compliance. This includes overall responsibility for:
- All Test Plans and product conformity monitoring
- Control of non-conforming product, QA & factory non-conformances (QNs) and any food safety/quality Incidents
- Concessions, shelf life extensions (WIP) and QN reduction programmes
- Effective management of all relevant factory QA systems
- Laboratory Procedures and Standards, ensuring both accuracy & efficiency
- Departmental budget, assisting to meet divisional budget
- Manage the training, development and performance review for the QA team. This will ensure that all team members are competent to perform their roles within the Quality Assurance structure.
- Be actively involved in customer visits and third-party audits, leading factory tours.
- Be actively involved in the site HACCP programme as well as internal auditing activities.
- Provide Technical support for the investigation and resolution of customer complaints (where appropriate) to identify root cause(s), corrective actions and prevent recurrence of the issues.
- To manage and lead the Non-conformance programme for the site to ensure that the site objectives for continuous improvement are progressed.
- Work with cross-functional teams to drive through improved quality & factory standards.
- Provide local technical support for Operational, NPD, Central Technical and Commercial teams (incl. product launches).
- Publish KPI’s and trending data, conducting routine reviews with the Site Leadership Team.
- Ensure full compliance with Company Quality, Food Safety, Health & Safety and Environmental requirements. To be actively involved with the Quality KPI’s activities.
- Deputise for the Factory QA Lead as appropriate and necessary.
- Ensure full compliance with Company Quality, Food Safety, Health & Safety and Environmental requirements.
- Degree in Food science/ technology or related subject ·5 years minimum in a food manufacturing environment at management level
- Laboratory experience within the food industry preferable
- Managing direct reports including Performance Review and Development Planning
- Managing a Food Safety Audit programme
- Auditing experience
- Experience in dealing with Third-Party Auditors and Government Bodies such as Trading standards and Environmental Health
- Experience in dealing with major industrial and/or retail customers as appropriate
- Must have a sound working knowledge of Food Industry Quality and Food Safety programmes and audit standards (HACCP, BRC, AIB etc.)
- Proven management & leadership skills. Must have the capability to work within the Factory Leadership Team
- Proven track record to drive change and lead continuous Improvement.
- Must be able to demonstrate a sound Scientific and Methodical approach to problem solving
- Be a real champion for quality, customer focused with an eye for detail
- Assertive team player with a “hands on” approach
- Ability to work well under pressure and to make decision in “real time”
- Autonomous, self-driven, dynamic and results orientated
- Ability to influence, win people over and be able to take a strong stance when required
- Flexible and ability to respond to business needs outside normal working hours
- Knowledge of risk management tools preferable
- Organisational and strong communication skills
- Good numerical skills
- PC Literate
McCormick is a global leader in flavour. With 10,000 employees around the world and more than $4.2 billion in annual sales, the Company manufactures, markets and distributes spices, seasoning mixes, condiments and other flavourful products to the entire food industry, retail outlets, food manufactures and food service businesses.
We have a passion for flavour. The company is serving customers from nearly 50 locations in 24 countries and consumers can buy our brands in more than 110 countries. Our industrial business flavours snacks, wraps, beverages and many other products for customers, which include global restaurant chains and leading food manufacturers.
With approximately 4,500 employees, the company has operations in 13 countries across the Europe, Middle-East and Africa (EMEA) Zone and serves customers in more than 25 markets through its consumer and industrial businesses. McCormick is present in key consumer markets with leading brands, including Schwartz in the UK. McCormick EMEA Headquarters are located in Haddenham (UK).
If you are looking for a new challenge and want to join a highly motivated team in a rewarding environment, please apply below.
In return we offer a competitive salary and benefits package and opportunity to work with a global flavour leader.
As an Equal Opportunities employer, McCormick is committed to a diverse workforce.