Group Health & Safety Specialist
Our Client, a leading international manufacturer of chilled convenience foods for the major retailers, is looking for a Group Health & Safety Specialist. The role will be based at our client’s head office with travel throughout the UK, so your location can be anywhere in the UK. As the H&S Specialist, you'll be responsible for providing professional support and guidance to the Leadership team on all operational Health & Safety matters. You'll develop and implement a behavioral safety and environmental awareness culture, working closely across all departments to champion a programme that promotes a positive health and safety culture for all.
Key Accountabilities for the Group Health and Safety Specialist are:
- Ensuring that the H&S policies and systems are managed effectively, ensuring adherence to all relevant H&S legislation and agreed internal standards.
- Monitoring and embedding the site management processes, including the investigation of all lost time incidents and management of the incident recording system.
- Ensuring a safe working environment is maintained at all times, ensuring legal compliance.
- Leading the H&S audit programmes to ensure compliance within agreed standards.
- Driving continual improvement to maintain the highest standards of H&S performance at all times, recommending effective and practical solutions to implement within the business.
Essential skills and experience for the Group Health and Safety Specialist include:
- Experience of working within the field of Health & Safety with a good working knowledge of current H&S legislation within a Food or FMCG manufacturing environment.
- A NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent or higher, or a Health, Safety and Environmental management degree.
- Confidence to adapt quickly to challenges whilst remaining calm and in control and an ability to influence and communicate clearly.
- Established over 15 years ago, a leading international manufacturer of convenience foods supplying a wide range of chilled, frozen and ambient foods across the group
- Group-wide customers include major retailers and food service businesses in the UK and US
- Passionate about food with people at the core of their business
- Committed to driving continuous improvement and cost efficiency
If you are passionate about Health and Safety and are looking for a challenging and interesting role, then this Group Health and Safety Specialist role could be the job for you. The role attracts a salary of £40k - £46.5k per annum + car and involves travel across all sites within the UK.
If you are interested in applying for this role please email AS SOON AS POSSIBLE quoting reference number JJ-P4266 with an updated CV, an indication of your current salary and your availability.