A small dairy company is looking for a Specification Technologist to join the team.
Reporting to the Operations Manager you will have the following key responsibilities:
- To write finished Product Specifications for new product lines on both customer web based and internal systems
- Coordinating and distributing specs and artwork from suppliers to customers
- Maintenance & updating of existing internal & customer product specifications
- Review and sign-off all Raw Ingredient and packaging Specifications
- Approval of label artwork and final label sign-offs for new products
- Reviewing ingredients used in products against EU and customer requirements.
- Manage customer expectations and work to their tight deadlines – very important
- Deal with multi suppliers based in the UK and be the key liaison for product specifications
- Be in daily communication (written and spoken) with our overseas customer’s technical teams
- Participate in Technical Meetings/Reviews
To be considered for this position, the candidate must;
- Have a minimum of two years specification writing experience
- Be educated to HND/Degree level ideally in a food related discipline
- Hold good IT skills and be fully proficient in Excel, Word, Adobe
- Experience in using web based customer specification/quality systems an advantage
- Good awareness of nutrition and allergens (preferably Dairy Foods)
- Have a Good knowledge of labelling regulations
- Work in a planned and methodical way often under time pressures
Working hours Full-time; 8.30am – 5.00pm, Monday – Friday
Indicative Salary Range: £27000 - 31000
KPI Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
All candidates registering with KPI Recruitment Ltd. will need to provide proof of identity, and evidence of any experience, training and qualifications our client considers necessary for their position.
Apply for Specification Technologist
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly