Regional Technical Manager - Scotland - Soft Fruit
This maternity cover contract would run until 30th June 2019. Essentially it affords you the opportunity to use you technical knowledge in a roving role coving Scotland. You would be part of the Technical Department team and provide support to growers in QA management and product quality compliance.
- Ensure compliance of fruit quality standards during the main UK production season to each customer’s specification through site visits including field and Packhouse visits
- Ensure continued QA systems compliance during the main UK production season through regular inspection and audits
- Assist the grower or office in the event of product problems as appropriate
- Assist the technical team in completion of reports as required both throughout and at the end of the season
- Assist the Technical Manager in completion of QMS during the winter
- Accompany retail customer personnel on grower / packhouse visits
- Liaise with the technical sales team providing accurate local information about crop stages and volumes
- Assist with creating reports and summaries following the completion of a growers season
- Assist technical team with preparation for BRC audits
- Participate in training courses for growers and their staff during the off season
- Undertake pre-season packhouse audits to ensure compliance with current standards and requirements for supply to multiple retailers
- Attend BRC / other retailer audits at growers’ farms as required
- Assist with centrally recalled paperwork
- Carry out traceability exercises at packhouses
- Other ad hoc duties as required.
- Evidence of extensive experience working in a comparable role, preferably within the soft fruit industry
- Strong appreciation of our business needs and resourcefulness in coming up with solutions to their challenges
- Ability to relate to key client personnel in a professional and credible fashion
- Well developed personal and written communication skills, including the ability to communicate with a wide range of employees
- Good interpersonal skills and well developed leadership and management skills
- Ability to delegate effectively and to follow-up as appropriate
- Ability to work as part of a team with colleagues across professional, operational and cultural boundaries
- Proactive approach and prompt responses to all service requests
- Ability to identify needs and issues and recommend suitable and pragmatic courses of action and solutions, adopting a risk aware approach
- Good time management and organisational skills with the ability to handle a number of tasks at once and meeting deadlines as required
- Very good organisational skills
- Good IT skills including experience of Word and Excel
Driving licence essential
KPI Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
All candidates registering with KPI Recruitment Ltd. will need to provide proof of identity, and evidence of any experience, training and qualifications our client considers necessary for their position.