Ripening Room Assistant
4 days left
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Main Purpose of the role
To assist in the ripening process.
Benefits: 28 days holiday (inc. bank holidays), Pension after 3 months, Share Incentive Scheme after 6 months, Occasion fruit to take home / fruit tasting sessions – you will get your 5 a day working with us. Great place to work, excellent facilities, on site free parking. We always look to promote from within.
Primafruit is a leading name in the fresh produce industry, specialising in the sourcing and supply of fresh fruit to the UK market. Our team is proud to work with one of Britain’s best-known retailers and catering / foodservice customers, delivering consistently great quality, fresh fruit, whatever the time of year. It is a complex business, and it’s the core of what we do.
• To assist in the day to day running of the ripening process.
• Stock Control.
• Loading and unloading ripening rooms.
• To have full control over fruit arrival, re-stacking and any re-boxing required.
• Manual and SAP Record keeping.
• To have full control at times to cover holiday and sickness.
• Responsible for the hygiene of the ripening rooms.
• Testing produce and making any relevant decisions.
• Liaising with relevant department’s Stock control, QC’s and Packhouse.
• To help analyse the seasons data.
• To allocate stock to sales and production orders in line with agreed business schedule and customer specification.
• To ensure production plan and Production orders/job sheets are created in line with agreed business schedule.
Updated: January 2017
• To effectively resolve product group related problems that may emerge at intake, processing and
• To assess and monitor regularly the quality of the relevant product group/s, including the
organoleptic standards (aroma, flavour, texture).
• To improve product understanding by sharing expertise knowledge and provide support to all
relevant departments (Production, QC, etc.)
• To make decisions and follow specifications on your own initiative.
• To act upon shelf life issues and resolve where possible to avoid future reoccurrence.
• Sample preparation.
• Any other reasonable duties to meet the needs of the business.
- The candidate must be in good health, physically fit and prepared to work in a chilled environment.
- They must be a competent team player, capable of deputising for the ripening room controller in their absence. Therefore good liaison, inter-personal, communication and IT skills are essential.
- The disposition of the candidate will be assertive, reliable, self-motivated and flexible. Flexibility will be important, as on occasions it may be necessary to work additional reasonable hours.
- The candidate will be educated to GCSE or NVQ Level 2 and have an interest in developing their knowledge in the fruit sector.
Apply for Ripening Room Assistant
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly