Sleaford Quality Foods Ltd is the UK’s leading supplier of a wide range of ingredients and blends to the UK food industry. The company has seen some impressive growth in recent years and to help us achieve even further growth, we are looking to recruit an enthusiastic, passionate and dynamic Production Manager to lead our fast-paced food production facility.
Reporting to the Head of Operations, you will be responsible for managing and ensuring the efficient and cost-effective operation of the production depart-ment, whilst maintaining health and safety, quality and hygiene standards. You will also be at the forefront to drive further continuous improvements and develop the team to deliver optimum performance.
- Manage and oversee the production team to ensure the attainment of departmental targets.
- Monitor key performance indicators, thus driving continuous improvement.
- Have a comprehensive understanding of the equipment and IT systems that support the safe and efficient operation of the department.
- Oversee the completion of relevant documentation, GMP audits and training plans.
- Manage the ongoing training and development of employees to provide a cross functional team and ensure a succession plan is in place.
- Monitor the performance of employees and conduct disciplinary hearings as appropriate.
- Review and improve departmental practices, policies and procedures.
- Manage and monitor the departmental budget.
Skills and Experience
- Production management experience in the food manufacturing industry.
- Engaging leadership style with the ability to build a strong team.
- Creative in problem solving.
- Confident decision maker.
- Experience of initiating and implementing change.
- Experience LEAN manufacturing and food manufacturing principles – 5S methodology desirable.
- True passion and excitement for Production.
- Highly organised with an exceptional attention to detail.
To forward your CV and covering letter please click the “Apply” button below.