This job supports the Category Manager and sales team of this fresh produce marketing company by communicating appropriate recommendations based on accurate data analysis, both internally and externally, to drive sales performance and build strong retailer relationships.
- Weekly demand forecasting for the marketing meeting, taking into account market trends, retail prices, promotions and volume share by retailer.
- Detailed analysis of market share data (Kantar). Creating summary reports from raw data for circulation within the business and to the customer base highlighting and explaining key findings.
- Bespoke EPOS data analysis to explain Kantar reports for M&S and Sainsbury’s.
- Preparing in depth retailer review content, analysing retailer performance and market share movements, and presenting findings confidently and with authority at external meetings.
- Compiling EPOS data accurately and methodically into analysis spreadsheets.
- Promotion and retail pricing analysis. Analysing effects of in-store promotions and provide data to support future planned activity.
- Compiling monthly board statistics showing total market volumes and company volume share.
- Store visits as required – to review and obtain evidence of product display and marketing techniques in operation. Address ranging problems and measure availability. Feedback findings internally and to customer base.
- Help to run research projects to ascertain opportunities for the category. Bring these opportunities to life with recommendations to increase category sales.
- Increase industry knowledge by attending IGD / Kantar / FPJ / Organic conferences etc.
- Ensuring effective communication with trading managers and Sales Director in the appropriate tone and manner.
- Regular project work which will extensively involve the use of Excel and data analysis.
- Evidence of experience working in a comparable role.
- Very strong IT skills, including Excel
- High level of accuracy, and someone who always checks their work
- Analytical and numerical skills
- Very good organisational skills, prioritisation and time management to meet deadlines
- Good interpersonal skills, ability to relate to others and be a positive influence.
- Strong appreciation of our business needs and resourcefulness in coming up with solutions to their challenges
- Ability to relate to key client personnel in a professional and credible fashion
- Well-developed personal and written communication skills, including the ability to communicate with a wide range of employees
- Ability to delegate effectively and to follow-up as appropriate
- Ability to work as part of a team with colleagues across professional, operational and cultural boundaries
- Proactive approach and prompt responses to all service requests
- Ability to identify needs and issues and recommend suitable and pragmatic courses of action and solutions
Apply today for more information
KPI Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
All candidates registering with KPI Recruitment Ltd. will need to provide proof of identity, and evidence of any experience, training and qualifications our client considers necessary for their position.
Apply for Category Analyst
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly