An opportunity to join and steer an established and growing importing business in the Italian food sector.
Key aspects of the job will need the successful candidate to:
- Carry P&L responsibility
- Responsibility for annual budgeting
- Responsibility for full monthly management accounts
- KPI focussed reporting and supporting analysis
- Develop and execute the company’s business strategies in order to attain the goals of the board and shareholders
- Provide strategic advice to the board so that they will have accurate view of the market and the company’s future
- Prepare and implement comprehensive business plans to facilitate achievement by planning cost-effective operations and market development activities
- Ensure company policies and legal guidelines are communicated all the way from the top down in the company and that they are followed at all times
- Communicate and maintain trust relationships with shareholders, business partners and authorities
- Oversee the company’s financial performance, investments and other business ventures
- Delegate responsibilities and supervise the work of executives providing guidance and motivation to drive maximum performance
- Act as the public speaker and public relations representative of the company in ways that strengthen its profile
- Analyse problematic situations and occurrences and provide solutions to ensure company survival and growth
- Direct and supervise the activities of staff
- Provide guidance for workers as needed and approves training opportunities
- Monitor costs against budget
- Make key decisions for managed entity
- Create initiatives to take advantage of market opportunities, reduce operational threats, forestall business risks, and maximise core strengths
- Identify core competencies and defines operational goals
- Liaise with Board of Directors to make sure all efforts are in alignment
We are looking for a very sales/business development focussed MD that has worked in the food industry for some time for this position.
- You will be located in North London and so proximity to this area is important.
- You will need a proven track record of success.
- An understanding of Italian foods and of the organic sector would be of benefit.
- Passion for food and the drive to achieve excellence is essential.
- Excellent team-building and negotiation skills.
A truly fantastic opportunity for the right candidate
Indicative Salary Range: £65000 - 75000
KPI Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
All candidates registering with KPI Recruitment Ltd. will need to provide proof of identity, and evidence of any experience, training and qualifications our client considers necessary for their position.
Apply for Managing Director
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly