As Quality Manager, you will assist the Technical Manager to ensure the BRC standard, legislation and customer requirements are met and maintained at all times.
You will maintain the Quality Management System, ensuring trends are identified, reports and corrective action implemented. You will also work on continuous improvement projects within the business.
As Quality Manager you will also be required to deputise for the Technical Manager in their absence, when the role can become customer facing with the need to make important decisions independently. You will also have an active role in customer and third party audits.
The ideal candidate will have the following attributes:
- Qualified to HNC, or equivalent within a food/science related subject
- Experience of working within a technical/quality auditing function within the food manufacturing industry
- Previous experience of direct retailer contact is essential
- Previous experience of Quality Management Systems, internal audits, product label approval, specification and technical documentation generation, environmental hygiene and microbiological standards
- Knowledge of HACCP, Intermediate Food Hygiene and Microbiology is preferable
- Excellent administration skills
- Ability to prioritise tasks, effective planner, attention to detail and articulate manner
- Ability to communicate at all levels
- Assertive in leadership skills
- Computer literate - MS Office, database experience advantageous
A fast growing company, this one, with genuine opportunities to progress.
Indicative Salary Range: £25000 - 35000
KPI Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
All candidates registering with KPI Recruitment Ltd. will need to provide proof of identity, and evidence of any experience, training and qualifications our client considers necessary for this position.