Assistant Production Manager (Desserts & Pastry)
An opportunity for an Assistant Production Manager has become available to join a premium airline catering business based close to Heathrow Airport.
The Assistant to the Production Managers’ main purpose will be to motivate, mentor and coach the production team to achieve the production plan.
- Monitor the quality of products being produced throughout the production sections to meet specifications and take appropriate steps to improve quality.
- Complete timesheets and liaise with various agency suppliers
- Assist with ensuring all relevant procedures are followed for the production of goods
- Help with monitoring the performance of outside cleaning contractors
- Assist with the training of staff throughout the site on health & safety and quality assurance requirements
- Assist with disciplinary matters where necessary
- Ensure that production sections have adequate skills and the correct staff requirement to meet the production schedule
- Assist with the hands on production of pastry items may be required
- To physically work on a section covering large orders or sickness
- Assist with producing various production schedules
- Be actively involved in predicting material use and requirements
- Be actively involved in ensuring new products entering the production process are meeting the customer specifications and development expectations
- Liaise with the development team on issues affecting productivity
- Work closely with the maintenance department to ensure the machinery is in good working order and follows up on outstanding maintenance issues
- Assist with looking for ways of improving efficiency and reducing costs
- Maintain the standard of housekeeping and storage throughout the production kitchen
Interested? Then click the apply button today, or contact Tom Shaw for further information on 01233 223 712
All Applicants must have the right to work in the UK or hold the appropriate work permit.