Shift Engineer - Bradford
Shift Engineer - Bradford
Hovis Limited is a vertically integrated baking and flour milling business currently operated by The Gores Group as part of a stand-alone joint venture. The Company was created in April 2014 to help release new investment to upgrade its operational infrastructure and reinvigorate the Hovis brand, building on its rich heritage. Nish Kankiwala our new CEO brings a wealth of commercial and marketing experience from previous roles with Unilever, Pepsico and Burger King. He has been an integral part of the business for the past 2 years and has recently taken over as CEO.
To work in a manner which will continually improve the availability and reliability of equipment, ensuring the site operates in a compliant and productive manner.
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities
As a working member of the Engineering group to manage the operational direction of the Engineering team.
- Identify maintenance improvement opportunities and develop action plan to deliver
- Work in a professional manner ensuring all safety and hygiene requirements are met
- Write risk assessments and method statements for all engineering tasks and ensure work permits are issued as required.
- To be self motivated, ensuring a positive attitude when dealing with production colleagues.
- Use CMMS to manage daily work activities.
- Liaise with the Engineering FLM on operational and personnel issues.
- Pro-actively manages personal performance, and the ability to deal with resultant actions effectively and efficiently.
- Liaise with the Engineering FLM to ensure departmental KPIs and factory targets are met.
- Input ideas and take an active role in team briefings and communication meetings.
- In line with Business policies ensure that the Health and Safety, accident management procedures are properly adhered to.
- Ensure that absences are reported in line with the Site’s absence procedures.
- Create a working environment that promotes trust and a willingness to succeed.
- To audit current working practices and make suitable recommendations for continuous improvement.
- Input ideas and take an active role in team briefings and meetings.
- To ensure that the team is well motivated, delivering excellent customer/client service at a cost effective price.
- To make significant contribution to Bradford’s KPI’s:-
- Efficiency, Waste, Breakdowns, Service, Factory Costs
- Plus Engineering driven KPI’s – Downtime, changeovers, product quality, housekeeping/hygiene standards, accidents, absence.
Knowledge & Specific Job Skills
- Recognised apprenticeship
- Have strong motivation to inspire team members and peers
- To show a keen response to change in a positive and enthusiastic manner
- The ability to work with others effectively
- The ability to display confidence and initiative in daily duties
- Be a ‘Team Player’
- Have an understanding/experience of the Production business and the impact of Engineering services
- The organization of workload in accordance with deadlines
- To show commitment both to the organisation and the team
- Must display excellent communication skills
- Multi-skilled engineer
- Food industry experience
Location: Based in Bradford
Type of role: Full Time, Permanent
Reporting to: Site Manager
Closing Date: 8th June 2018
Applicants must have the right to work in the UK
Apply for Shift Engineer - Bradford
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly