Training Manager - Lincolnshire (Spalding & Sutton Bridge Sites)
Salary: £35,000.00 to £38,000.00 per annum
Bakkavor is the leading provider of fresh prepared food in the UK, which is one of the most advanced, innovative and dynamic food markets in the world.
We supply over 2,000 products to the UK’s major grocery retailers, and have a growing international presence in the US and China.
We employ 19,000 people from 34 locations.
At Bakkavor our recipes use the latest technology and methods to produce a wide range of different products. Working in a factory can be more than just a job if you join the right team.
You can have a career with Bakkavor and get a taste for success.
An exciting opportunity for an experienced Learning & development professional to develop and deliver the training plan for Bakkavor Meals Lincolnshire. Accountable for the training compliance for 3 factories and respective salaried employees across Spalding and Sutton Bridge, the successful candidate will be responsible for managing, developing and improving an integrated training approach for Bakkavor Meals Lincolnshire, driving training excellence and efficiencies across both sites.
Main Job Purpose
To develop and deliver the training plan for Bakkavor Meals Lincolnshire. Accountable for the training compliance for 3 factories and respective salaried employees across Spalding and Sutton Bridge. To manage, develop and improve an integrated factory training approach for Bakkavor Meals Lincolnshire, driving training excellence and efficiencies across both sites.
· To drive skills training across all levels, ensuring colleagues have the right skills to deliver key outputs related to their job roles to the expected performance & quality standard.
· To create and implement an annual compliance training plan, working closely with relevant internal stakeholders, to identify and satisfy training needs, aligned with internal and external industry standards, customer code of practises and employee needs.
· To develop new, or improve current, training processes, systems and courses to meet the changing needs of the business. Participate in operational and cross functional projects and manage the development of the training requirements and people skills requirements to ensure that all training needs are addressed and project implementation is effective.
· To facilitate training courses as required, satisfying business, customer and employee needs. Ensure all training interventions delivered are driving clear business benefits. Liaise with external suppliers, training consultants and government funded bodies to deliver training and services which can not be provided by internal resource.
· To establish and manage training KPI’s, audit and evaluation processes to ensure all training activities meet/exceed business, BRC and customer codes of practice.
· To ensure that all Health and Safety, Food Safety & Hygiene procedures are followed and supported with effective training.
· To lead, coach and mentor the Training Team and ensure this resource is deployed efficiently across the business and adds value.
· To ensure effective cost control & budget management of the Bakkavor Meals Lincolnshire Training budget, driving cost efficiencies across both sites
· Relevant and recognised industry standard training qualification.
· Previous experience required in:
Training planning, design, delivery and evaluation
Managing operational projects through to successful completion.
People Management: Managing a team of direct reports.
· A passion for the development of people, teams and the business.
· Strong influencing and communication skills at all levels (shop floor to senior management). Ability to indirectly manage teams within the business to comply with internal & external compliance standards. Ability to effectively challenge existing practices within the business.
· Strong problem solving and decision making skills.
· Ability to apply Food Safety and Health & Safety systems within an area of operation.
· High level of computer literacy including high level of competence using Microsoft office.
· Ability to work flexibly covering a 24 / 7 factory operation.