Production Line Leader
Production Line Leader – Evesham, Worcestershire
Starting Salary: £20 -21k DOE plus overtime, rising to £22K following a 6 month successful probation period
Benefits: 28 days holiday (inc. bank holidays), Pension after 3 months, Share Incentive Scheme after 6 months, Occasion fruit to take home / fruit tasting sessions – you will get your 5 a day working with us. Great place to work, excellent facilities, on site free parking. We always look to promote from within.
Primafruit is a leading name in the fresh produce industry, specialising in the sourcing and supply of fresh fruit to the UK market. Our team is proud to work with one of Britain’s best-known retailers and catering / foodservice customers, delivering consistently great quality, fresh fruit, whatever the time of year. It is a complex business, and it’s the core of what we do.
About the role…
Reporting to the Production Senior Line Leader / Production Section Controller, you will be responsible for the Production Operatives (including Agency staff), whilst ensuring your team are focussed on producing product that meets cost, quality and time.
You will provide support to Line Operators and be focal point for their concerns and report to Senior Line Leader/Section Controller.
Deputise for colleagues and immediate line manager in areas where trained and considered competent, in their absence.
- Understand your line and know your team members.
- Ability to setup line and fulfil job with minimal disruption.
- Raw material ordering – No raw material to be stationary on line for over 20mins.
- Manage and allocate colleagues to effectively perform against target.
- Packaging ordering – No multiple sets of packaging on the line, use only what you are processing.
Quality and Health & Safety:
- Ensure service level agreement and quality standards are adhered to at all times.
- Monitor waste streams in line with business goals.
- Ensure your team follows H&S policies and procedures.
- Report reoccurring issues to Production Senior Leader and Section Controller.
- Support Section Controller and Senior Line Leader in CI activities.
Previous experience in a similar role of supervising people would be desirable as would previous exposure of working within a chilled / fresh produce environment.
Basic Food Hygiene, manual handing certifications are advantageous and health and safety knowledge is desirable.
Demonstrate good inter-personal communication, delegation, motivation and briefing skills to perform this role. Be a competent team player and be prepared to work with a range of employees from different countries and cultures.
You will need to be flexible in relation to the role and hours worked in line with the organisation goals and objectives. Therefore the ability to work reasonable additional hours as necessary will be required.
Apply for Production Line Leader
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly