Production Shift Supervisor
Innovate Foods is a producer of bespoke starters, appetizers and menu components for the food service sector and major retailers. Based in Kirkcaldy, Scotland, we have a reputation for high quality products and good customer service. We are a privately-owned company and are celebrating twenty-eight years in business this year. The site employs over fifty people. We have ambitious growth plans to expand to new products, new markets and new customers.
We are currently recruiting for a Production Supervisor to lead a team of up to 30 people on each shift. This is a key role within the company and we offer a competitive package.
Job Purpose – Production Supervisor
The role of the Production Shift Supervisor is to ensure efficient production processes for all the Company’s production lines and to manage the plant’s production workforce and handovers, whilst ensuring health and safety requirements are met.
Part of this role is also to constantly seek new ways to improve efficiencies and to ensure lines run smoothly: to checking raw materials, packaging and relevant paperwork are supplied before and during production runs and to assist maintenance and servicing of the lines.
Main Areas of Responsibility
- Reporting to the Production Manager, working alternate weeks on day shift/back shift, you will ensure efficient production processes for all the Company’s product lines.
- To play a “hands on role” in the managing motivating and directing the plant’s production workforce.
- To ensure the safety and health of all employees and visitors under your care, complying with Health & Safety legislation and reporting any potential hazard you cannot remove to a member of the management team.
- To manage shift handovers and supply relevant information to the next shift supervisor, including the management of all paperwork required for, full product traceability and production records.
- To constantly seek new ways to improve the plant’s production efficiency and cost effectiveness.
- Before and during production runs, check that all raw materials and packaging materials for each production line, match completely the relevant recipe sheets/logs for the products in manufacture and that adequate stock of materials are available to allow for continuous production at all times.
- To be actively involvement in data entry of production records in relation to manufactured goods
- In conjunction with the maintenance department, assist in maintenance and servicing of the plant’s production lines to minimise down times and maximise the efficiency and working life of all production equipment and machinery.
- To maintain the standard of personal and factory hygiene, including the cleaning of equipment and premises.
- To assist in the recording of regular production information and performance reports.
- To ensure that on-line quality control checks are carried out continually at each stage of the process.
- To assist Quality Assurance as and when required and to work with Quality Assurance to monitor and record waste.
- Play an active role in management decision-making and to act as an ambassador for the company’s products at all times.