QA Laboratory Technician (x2)
My Client - an expanding, family owned food manufacturing company - has a fantastic opportunity for a QA Lab assistant to join their successful team.
The main purpose of this post is to provide a professional quality control service to internal and external customers by monitoring the safety and quality of raw, intermediate and finished products and materials by testing products and maintaining good practice to an agreed standard.
Key responsibilities in this role will include but are not limited to:
- Carrying out raw material checks.
- Testing of production batches for salt, gluten, etc.
- Microbiological analysis
- Carrying out audits within the production environment
- Laboratory cleaning and assisting in the calibration of equipment.
- Completion of paperwork and records necessary to maintain the quality management system and BRC Standards.
- Working closely with the production and NPD staff regarding customer or productions issues.
- Liaise with customers regarding sample requests, complaints, returns and problem solving, etc.
This role would suit someone with previous experience gained at a similar level within the food industry.
Candidates should also have:
- A Degree (or equivalent qualification) in food technology, science or related subject.
- Previous experience gained within a food manufacturing business.
- Strong knowledge of working to quality standards, e.g. BRC, HACCP, etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to write procedures and processes for the business.
- The ability to prioritise own workload and work tight and conflicting deadlines.
- Excellent problem solving skills to deal with production problems and non-conformances.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join an expanding, family owned company with the opportunity for further progression.
Indicative Salary Range: £20000 - 22000
KPI Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
All candidates registering with KPI Recruitment Ltd. will need to provide proof of identity, and evidence of any experience, training and qualifications our client considers necessary for their position.