Sales Manager - Ingredients
Reporting to the UK Sales Director of this global ingredients supplier this position would require you to manage and develop a professional customer portfolio and act as first point of contact, representing brands and ensuring customer satisfaction.
- Tracking and developing the customer portfolio
- Working to establish quantified targets (volume, margins, etc.) in his/her area
- Organising and carrying out canvassing
- Expanding and developing existing accounts with a view to building customer loyalty
- Regularly visiting the sites of customers in the portfolio and ensuring support (review)
- Identifying customers' plans and tracking their development
- Continuously improving his/her market knowledge, especially by discussing matters with customers
- Sales, advice and customer support directly or via an agent
- Identifying and understanding what matters to the customer in the context of sales meetings
- Providing assistance and technical recommendations to customers
- Presenting and tailoring sales offerings to customers' stated needs
- Providing an interface between R&D and the customers in specific development projects
- Drawing up and negotiating sales proposals up to contract signing
- Managing the after-sales follow-up and monitoring customer satisfaction
- Monitoring sales
- Activating customer files in conjunction with the sales assistants
- Reporting regularly on his/her sales activities and results
This role requires frequent business travel (approx. 40 % of the time). The sales manager is the customer's "emergency contact" who notifies the internal services concerned.
- We are looking for candidates with 5+ years of experience (preferably in the ingredients sector within the bakery division - colours, flavours, fruit powders, oils and oleoresins, botanical extracts).
- Experience with large customers is an advantage.
- Selling high value products, customer focused and a good personality are all welcome attributes.
Car and Fuel, Bonus (up to 25% of basic salary), Pension contributions of 5%, 8% and 14.5% dependent upon age
Income Protection, Life Cover, BUPA healthcare
A fantastic opportunity if you are comfortable operating in this product area.
Indicative Salary Range: £48000 - 50000
KPI Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
All candidates registering with KPI Recruitment Ltd. will need to provide proof of identity, and evidence of any experience, training and qualifications our client considers necessary for their position.