Quality Assurance Operative
Responsible for ensuring a product or service meets the established standards of quality including reliability, usability and performance
- Send samples to the lab daily
- Ensure update of the AMIS System
- Interpret and implement quality assurance standards
- Evaluate adequacy of quality assurance standards
- Organising and looking after the Retained List and Taste Panel records, including labelling and moving boxes into the warehouse, and keeping track of these boxes
- Placing certificates of analysis on pallets /emailing to customers
- Goods inwards documents/chasing suppliers for certificates if required
- Email suppliers regarding delivery problems
- GMP Audits
- Glass and plastic audits
- Weekly scale calibration checks
- Review the implementation and efficiency of quality and inspection systems
- Plan, conduct and monitor testing and inspection of materials and products to ensure finished product quality
- Document internal audits and other quality assurance activities
- Investigate customer complaints and non-conformance issues
- Collect and compile statistical quality data
- Analyse data to identify areas for improvement in the quality system
- Develop, recommend and monitor corrective and preventive actions
- Prepare reports to communicate outcomes of quality activities
- Co-ordinate and support on-site audits conducted by external providers
- Evaluate audit findings and implement appropriate corrective actions
- Support in the ongoing compliance with quality and industry regulatory requirements
- Any other reasonable duties as requested by the Technical Manager, or other Senior Manager
- Support QA Process as requested by the Technical Manager
- To ensure current product quality & safety standards are maintained and enhanced where appropriate.
- Ensure all relevant paperwork is completed accurately and within stipulated timescales
- Quality and timeliness of work completed
- Willingness to help in new areas of the department
- Overall results of the QA Department for the Nimbus business
Experience and Know How;
- Candidates must have specification writing skills
- Previous FMCG experience, ideally within food manufacturing.
- Ability to work with minimal direction.
- Technical product knowledge to ensure all products comply with legislation.
- Understanding of key retailer/customer technical policies and standards
- Can demonstrate credibility in working with a range of customers and internally.
- Strong analytical/numerical skills.
- Accuracy and attention to detail, with a flexible approach.
- Good organisational, project management and communication skills.
- Basic PC skills (Microsoft Office applications)
- Good team player
Competencies/ level of independence;
- Excellent communication; both oral and written and excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to prioritise responsibilities under pressure and be self-motivating
- Fully autonomous within the role, working with customers/suppliers/internal functions to ensure all tasks are completed as required
- Problems referred to or which would normally be discussed with the Sales Director are:
- Approval of NPD proposals
- Scheduling & need for production trials
- Costs incurred during development
The hours of work are 38.75 hours per week, and the candidates must be flexible regarding the hours and days worked.