Food Safety Consultant
A Food Safety Consultant is required to join a leading Food & Drink advisory business based in the West Midlands.
You will primarily be based at the company’s offices in the West Midlands but there will likely be the requirement for significant travel in the UK as well as abroad for business development purposes as well as to conduct trials and consultancy in factories. Some of these trips will involve overnight stays.
To provide high quality Food Safety Management System support primarily to the food manufacturing sector. This involves the provision of guidance, with emphasis on training (from basic to advanced level); the auditing of HACCP systems and pre-audits against industrial standards such as the BRC Global Standard together with the provision of guidance on the application of food safety and quality management systems in food manufacturing environments.
- Engage in the design, delivery and promotion of training services focused on Food Safety Management Systems and Hygienic engineering offered by the company.
- Focus on and grow the existing consultancy offering in this area with an emphasis on the holistic quality management systems.
- Where appropriate interpret scientific results from project trials and consultancy investigations and prepare reports so communicating results in line with the client and company’s expectations
- Support business development strategies leading to the preparation of proposals to clients that results in contracts, training and research in the Food Safety Management area.
- Respond to direct technical enquiries using own expertise and information retrieved from relevant sources to answer the client query.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Degree qualified in a relevant subject, with significant experience (6-10yrs) in food manufacturing to give the appropriate level of credibility to operate in this broad and strategic area. A higher degree may be an advantage if in an appropriate area.
- Trained to an advanced level in auditing and food safety management. Evidence of training capability through a “Train the Trainers” course or similar. A significant technical expertise and network in the area of Hygienic Design and Hygiene management in factories. Good verbal and communication skills to form good business relationship and to develop new business.
- Effective project management skills from recent experience
- Effective time management skills relating to effective delivery and business practices.
- IT literate
- Can-do, enterprising and driven.
- Skilled at developing new ideas and bringing them to fruition in a friendly but challenging environment.
- Full UK/EU driving licence and be eligible to work and travel freely within the EU
Interested? Then click the apply button today or contact Tom Shaw for further information on 01233 223712
All Applicants must have the right to work in the UK or hold the appropriate work permit.