QA Assistant - Evening Shift
Reporting to the QA Manager this position would be a key part of dealing with produce quality and labelling issues, ensuring any failures are documented appropriately.
- To carry out shelf life test and to ensure that all staff involved in taking shelf life samples are completing paperwork as required.
- To remove from the Packhouse any redundant labels following the completions of jobs.
- To ensure that metal detector and weight checks are being carried out and documented at the correct intervals.
- To ensure that any failures in this area are documented and notified to the head supervisor and engineering manager.
- Ensure that Standard Operating Procedures are being followed as required.
- Liaise with sales and procurement teams as required. Assist with the development of new packing processes and quality management procedures that may occur from time to time.
- To support the Packhouse manager where required.
- To collate samples where required. Other ad hoc duties as required.
- Evidence of extensive experience working in a comparable role, preferably within the soft fruit industry
- Strong appreciation of our business needs and resourcefulness in coming up with solutions to their challenges
- Ability to relate to key client personnel in a professional and credible fashion
- Well developed personal and written communication skills, including the ability to communicate with a wide range of employees
- Good interpersonal skills and well developed leadership and management skills
- Ability to delegate effectively and to follow-up as appropriate
- Ability to work as part of a team with colleagues across professional, operational and cultural boundaries
- Proactive approach and prompt responses to all service requests
- Ability to identify needs and issues and recommend suitable and pragmatic courses of action and solutions, adopting a risk aware approach
- Good time management and organisational skills with the ability to handle a number of tasks at once and meeting deadlines as required Very good organisational skills
- Good IT skills including experience of Word and Excel
Must be prepared to work evenings on a fixed shift basis.
KPI Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
All candidates registering with KPI Recruitment Ltd. will need to provide proof of identity, and evidence of any experience, training and qualifications our client considers necessary for their position.
Apply for QA Assistant - Evening Shift
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly