£36,347 a year
To undertake planned preventative maintenance activities and reactive maintenance to ensure optimum efficiency of the plant and profitability. To ensure all engineering tasks are undertaken in line with Health & Safety, quality and food safety standards.
- Provide full emergency breakdown cover for all plant and services.
- To carry out repair works to the highest standard.
- Complete all work sheets and report any follow ups required, including planned
- Observe and report all problem areas on all plant and services.
- Work as a team with all other members of the factory team.
- Maintain a high standard of work and promote good housekeeping
- Administer, monitor, analyse and update machine history data using the engineering management system.
- Provide first line cover in all machinery problems.
- Be proactive with ideas for improving the plant and engineering departments.
- a role model of Bakkavor’s company values
- a formal qualification in an engineering discipline / a fully completed apprenticeship
- reliable and punctual individual with an aptitude and passion for engineering
- excellent numeracy, literacy and PC ability
- excellent verbal and written communication skills
- problem solving/fault finding techniques
- flexibility regarding working unsociable days and hours