New Product Development Manager
New Product Development Manager - Maternity Cover / Fixed Term / Interim
£55,000 a year - Full-time, Temporary, Contract
Bakkavor is the leading provider of fresh prepared food in the UK, which is one of the most advanced, innovative and dynamic food markets in the world.
We supply over 2,000 products to the UK’s major grocery retailers, and have a growing international presence in the US and China.
We employ 19,000 people from 34 locations.
At Bakkavor Bread our recipes use the latest technology and baking methods to produce a wide range of different products. Working in a factory can be more than just a job if you join the right team. You can have a career with Bakkavor and get a taste for success.
We are looking for someone to help develop and agree the Development Plan for the Business / Site in line with the Business / Category Strategy.
- Innovates new products and processes for a medium size business to: -
- Maintain and extend current categories
- To deliver new products and processes outside the current categories.
- To recruit, lead, motivate and inspire direct reports up to Product Manager level to achieve personal development and continual improvement.
- Manage focused development of new products to deliver the BU budgeted margin.
- Delivers development ahead of our competitors through understanding the wants and needs of both internal and external customers.
- Presents current and new categories to customers backed up the rationale. Influences and persuades customers to accept changes, new categories etc.
- Uses the principles of category management to gain a true understanding of the wants and needs of the consumer in order to develop successful categories to meet these needs.
- Manages critical paths for specific categories / business and plans, organises and controls the resources to deliver new product development concepts to an agreed quality and timescale.
- Monitors and benchmarks product quality of existing and new products in the Business and ensure that the Business Executive Team / Site Ops Team agrees an action plan.
- Understands the Business Strategy and involved in developing it
- Writes the Development Plan in line with the Business Strategy & Category Strategy
- Realistic / understands risks / opportunities / barriers / resources and provides the business with options
- Focussed action plans in place to implement the Development Plan
- Ensures that Executive Team buys into the Development Plan