Head of Technical
Our client are one of the leading chilled food manufacturers in the UK. Operating from multiple sites and supplying the major multiples, foodservice and B2B customers with innovative products, they are looking for a Head of Technical to manage the function based from a key facility in Lincolnshire.
The role will be to develop and lead delivery of a technical strategy for the site that is aligned to the overall Group technical strategy and delivers self-managed technical excellence. Success in the role will be measured, among other factors, by building and developing the site technical team so that it has technical excellence at the forefront always. One of the key focuses will be working closely with their customers and building collaborative, impactful relationships based on integrity and trust.
- Fully responsible for all technical elements of the factory, ensuring the site operates in line with industry leading standards.
- To deliver a consistent approach to food safety, integrity and product quality across the site by benchmarking, challenging, training and effective auditing.
- Maintain the site’s ongoing customer approval status and third-party accreditations with a view to achieving the highest level of compliance
- You will be the primary site contact for our customers and responsible for building and maintaining strong relationships
- Responsible for development and maintaining the sites’ reputation for self-managed technical excellence
- Development and lead delivery of a step-changing technical continuous improvement plan
- Setting direction, objectives and performance standards for the site technical team
- Lead the support and development of the Technical team to assist them in realising their potential, ensuring suitable succession plans are in place
- To represent the company on relevant industry bodies, such as CCFRA MIGs & trade bodies
You will be degree educated in a related field and have a strong track record of driving technical excellence through your teams and site. Experience of complex chilled food manufacturing a must as is a passion for supporting positive change and developing a ‘one team’ mentality.
The role comes with an attractive salary and high level benefits. If you feel this is you then please apply today with your current CV and salary details. Interviews are taking place over the next 2 weeks.
Due to the volume of applications, we can only respond to successful candidates. Therefore, if we do not make contact within 5 working days this means your application was not successful. We are more than happy to discuss why if you would like to contact us.
Apply for Head of Technical
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly