FMCG Food Manufacturing
Spalding, Holbeach, Boston, Wisbech, King’s Lynn, Sutton Bridge, Lincolnshire
A large food manufacturing company with a site based in Lincolnshire is currently seeking a Packaging Manager to join their team on a permanent basis, this role will report in to the Buying Controller. The main purpose of the role is to Identify, develop and drive implementation of packaging solutions that add value in line with the business plan and group packaging strategy.
Key Accountabilities for the Packaging Manager include –
- Control and monitor value added packaging development
- Deliver presentations both internally and to retailers on packaging initiative and developments
- Plan, coordinate and implement production trials within both the development and cost saving processes
- To agree and maintain specifications for all packaging components.
- To ensure competitive advantage with the implementation of a continuous improvement program for existing packaging materials
- Communicate a budget spend with the relevant budget holder and generate concept development visuals with external suppliers to illustrate packaging concepts
- Work with potential suppliers to develop tool drawings, models, pilot samples and sign off commissioned tooling for any new components
- Manage a 12 month strategic packaging plan
- Manage and prioritise a packaging development schedule
- Provide technical support/troubleshooting skills to the operations team as required.
- Prepare or contribute to packaging related justifications for capital expenditure.
- Maintain an up to date knowledge of all aspects of packaging technology, identifying those trends and developments which can enhance product performance and efficiency.
- Continually review and improve the environmental and ethical impact of packaging and its development.
- Ensure all packaging components are safe and meet all appropriate legislation.
To be considered for this role you will ideally have a degree or relevant qualification within packaging technology, have hands on experience of working with a wide range of packaging materials and have managed projects in past roles. You must be IT literate and have worked with packaging related software previously.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.