Procurement Category Manager, W.Mids or N.East
12 month fixed-term contract within a food manufacturing business at an exciting time in their procurement journey across indirect spend.
An exciting, growing food business supplying both branded and own label products into all of the major retailers are looking at expanding their European procurement function. With multiple sites they are looking for an experienced category procurement professional to join it's team on a 12 month fixed-term contract.
To be successful you will:
- Identify and deliver savings initiatives and maximise benefits from leveraging spend across The UK, Netherlands and Spain
- Collate and analyse category spend data, develop and implement strategic sourcing plans across indirect, maintenance and services spend
- Utilise knowledge of the external marketplace across suppliers, customers and competitors
- Manage procurement activities for the category from sourcing to award
- Develop relationships with site managers and teams to enable engagement and alignment with purchasing strategies
This is an exciting time to join the procurement function as it is moving towards a category management approach to sourcing and supplier relationships. You will have relevant procurement experience and ideally have a strong track record in a manufacturing environment looking after capital and MRO spend You'll be used to operating with autonomy, as well as being able to effectively communicate with other functions and countries. Strong project management skills and real evidence of delivery is key in this role along with strong negotiation and contract development skills.
To apply please send your details through to me today.
REF. HLJ894591 By Focus Management
Follow Focus Management on Twitter @foodjob
Focus Management Consultants Ltd, Tel: +44 (0) 1625 560778
Apply for Procurement Category Manager, W.Mids or N.East
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly