Established in 1928, my Client are looking for a Factory Chemist to join their team.
Operating across the Food, Drink and Pharmaceutical industries, this world renowned company offer a comprehensive service from the initial sourcing of the raw materials through to the delivery of the finished product.
As part of the role, some responsibilities will include:
- Calibration of lab test equipment. Use of Hydrochloric and Sulphuric acid. Use of Sodium Carbonate and Sodium Hydroxide. Controlling the inversion and neutralization of syrups in vat production. Carry out production related testing - Brix, pH, colour and polarization. Implementation of a positive release production system for all products including blended and sieved sugars, Completion of production related documentation.
- Contribute to safety objectives relating to the laboratory and production areas. Follow good H&S practice in your area of work.
- Managing a team of two process technicians, putting in a plan to ensure 100% shift coverage - Undertake training related to your area of work. All training is to be fully documented. Implementing a succession planning program for the process technicians.
- Sample preparation and development samples for new or existing products. Product creation functions and preparing specifications for new or existing products. Ensure that all certificates of analysis or conformance are prepared and forwarded to customers as and when required.
- Ensure all HACCP procedures are adhered to and documentation is filled in correctly. Ensure that all production documentation is correct for use before any filling of product takes place. Control of syrup production. Carry out product testing for all areas of production and work to a method of positive release.
- Implement bulk tanker checks for incoming / outgoing products. Implement daily checks on stored products in tanks.
Interested? Then click the apply button today, or contact Rob Salter for further information on 01233 223 712 / email@example.com
All Applicants must have the right to work in the UK or hold the appropriate work permit