Are you a a fast learner and looking for a new challenge?
We have a great opportunity for an experienced Planner to join our team in Northampton.Main responsibilities
- Utilise available planning systems to convert sales forecasts into achievable production and material plans and schedules that optimally balance customer service and operational cost efficiency
- Manage risks within the plan and amend orders where possible/practical to achieve customer service and stock targets
- Share forecasts with suppliers and work with them to resolve issues with materials availability
- Measure, minimise and publish expected obsolete/over stocks (finished product and/or raw materials)
- Champion ongoing communication with the operations teams to ensure accurate exchange of information
- Propose and implement continuous improvements in own area
- Maintain a state of perpetual audit-readiness for all audits (GMP, H&S, Technical, Customer, Accreditation Bodies etc.) to ensure working practices are compliant at all times
- Translate production plans into material requirements and convert them into supplier purchase orders
This is a really fast paced environment, so you'll need to have experience of working in such an environment. If you have FMCG experience and knowledge, that would be even better. You will obviously need to have experience of being a planner and understand the planning process, as well as working with a multiple range of SKUS; both short and long lead time.
In addition, you need to be computer literate, with fantastic Excel skills and experience of ERP systems. It's imperative that you have a good attention to detail and are an analytical thinker.
You'll be working with a range of suppliers/customers, so you must understand the sales order processing and distribution plans and have excellent customer service skills.About the company
Greencore Group is a leading international manufacturer of convenience foods. Our ambition doesn't stop at being the world's largest sandwich producer; we're looking for passionate, talented people who can help us to drive our future success. People who innovate, create, lead and inspire. We set the bar high, and expect that our people do too.