PACKHOUSE LINE LEADER
Watts Farms is a third-generation family run business which covers 9 sites in Kent, Essex and Bedfordshire spanning 750 hectares. Watts Farms Packers Ltd grows, harvests and packs fresh produce and supplies retailers and non-retail outlets. We grow a very large range of crop including kale, spinach, fresh herbs, chilies, brassicas and Chinese leaf to name just a few, and recently hit national press for being the first UK grower to produce a commercial crop of sweet potatoes.
PACKHOUSE LINE LEADER
A Packhouse Line Leader is specifically accountable to the Supervisor, or in his/her absence to the Production Manager for, in relation to packing of fresh produce, the following:
- Site / Facility Maintenance, Condition and Cleanliness
- Staff Personal Hygiene
- Stock Rotation, Packing and Distribution
- Finished Goods Quality and Presentation in the boxes
- Control of packaging and labelling
- Line hygiene and audit ready
In addition, a Packhouse Line Leader has specific Health and Safety accountabilities for:
- The safe condition and use of Plant and Equipment.
- Staff familiarity and compliance with Health and Safety Notices and ‘Operating Procedures’
The Packhouse Line Leader is responsible for assisting the Supervisor to manage those staff working in the areas of production.
- Site Rules and Emergency Procedures
- Food Safety Rules – Physical, Chemical and Biological Contamination
- Personal Hygiene rules and Illness and return to work reporting
- Process knowledge
- Operational Skills – Machine operation, productivity and Labelling machine.
In respect of the above, the Packhouse Line Leader is specifically responsible for the following tasks:
- Assisting the Supervisor in a Leading role and covering the Supervisor role when on holiday or days off. Also the day to day running of the packing and Labour record sheets.
- The housekeeping and cleanliness of Facilities and Equipment directly in his / her control.
- The implementation of the Companies Food Safety Policy this to include:
- The provision, condition and use by staff of prescribed PPE
- The personal hygiene standards of packhouse staff
- The health of packhouse staff
- His / her familiarity with customer product specification.
- The required machine operation to enable product changes, film changes, preventative maintenance and general machine operations.
- The day to day liaison with the supervisor and Packhouse Manager in respect of customer orders
- Ensuring staff familiarity and compliance with Site Rules
- The maintenance, accuracy and completeness of production records such as:
- Wood Star improvement’s
- Cleaning Records
- Maintenance Records (Including pre-work checks)
- Packaging and product Traceability Records
- Labour records
- Metal Detection Records
- Undertaking any such other tasks, which may, from time to time, be agreed with the Managing Partner, and for which appropriate instruction and training will be provided.