Site the Position will be based at: Howden Site
Howden Rd, Holme-upon-Spalding Moor, Y043 4BU, with travel to our Head Quarters in NI Overall
Purpose of the Job
Stand-alone delivery of a pro-active and professional HR and L&D Service to the Board of Directors. This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing third generation family business to manage the complete HR function including Learning and Development, reporting into the Board of Directors.
Stand-alone delivery of a pro-active and professional HR Service to the business through effective implementation of policies and procedures. To provide business aligned training and development of all employees that support the achievement of the company objectives and drive a high-performance culture for productivity and talent management.
Main Duties of the Job
- Develop and implement the annual HR Plan to support the overall business objectives.
- Identify, design and implement HR Projects as and when required.
- Work closely with Senior team and Line Managers, providing them with expert advice and guidance, coaching and developing their knowledge on Policies, Procedures and People Management skills.
- Promote Equality and Diversity as part of the culture of the organisation.
- Resource planning – Support managers to maintain efficient resource levels, short term and long-term requirements, overtime managed in line with budget expectations.
- Recruitment & Selection - manage the recruitment process from end to end, design job descriptions/person specs, shortlisting, interviews, through to offer letter/Contract.
- Provide advice and guidance on all employee relations issues (disciplinary, grievance, absence/performance management etc) ensuring that they are managed to satisfactory conclusion.
- Develop, implement and maintain HR Policies and Procedures to ensure effective, fair and consistent management of employees. Ensure the staff handbook is comprehensive and up to date.
- Monitor and review the performance appraisal system and continually develop as necessary. Ensure every employee receives an annual review and coach/mentor managers on objectives/targets setting for their teams.
- Ensure employees are informed and updated on key business and organisational changes. Drive the forum for employee representative meetings and improve communication methods between management and employees.
- Advise on pay, remuneration and benefits. Conduct annual salary reviews and external benchmarks on roles to ensure company remains competitive within the industry.
- Payroll management and maintenance of records.
- Manage the information held on personnel files and ensure this is updated in a timely and accurate manner.
- In consultation with line managers, follow up individual development needs and source training provisions as and when required. Training needs analysis completed for all key roles. Ensure PDP’s are completed for all employees.
- Evaluate all Training and Development activities.
- Maintain accurate and up to date Training records for all employees.
- Support managers on completion of induction programmes for all new employees.
- Devise, plan and sometimes deliver Training programmes.
- In line with Senior Managers devise annual Training plan for the business.
- Coach, mentor and challenge managers to improve management capability.
- Promote succession planning and talent management throughout the business.
- Measure employee engagement and work with senior team to develop engagement initiatives.
- Monitor HR Trends and provide KPI data to senior team, so that any issues can be addressed.
- Monitor absence levels and advise managers on how to deal with short term/Long term issues. Manage occupational health referrals.
- Participate in H & S Committee meeting, ensuring company compliance is adhered to.
- 28 days holiday per year including bank holidays.
- 3% contributory pension, if eligible. You will be automatically enrolled into a workplace pension scheme. Further details will be provided.
Essential Qualifications /Experience
- Excellent English speaking and writing skills.
- Driven and motivated.
- Completer / Finisher.
- Strategic thinker.
- Basic knowledge of Occupational Health protocol.
Apply for HR Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly