Position will be based at: Howden Site with travel to our Head Quarters in NI
Overall Purpose of the Job
To provide exemplary Production Management duties to contribute in the smooth operation of the organisation's production objectives and targets.
Main Duties of the Job
- To manage & motive a team of permanent members of Production staff effectively in order to achieve production targets, quality standards and delivery deadlines.
- Manage a variable team of production staff (agency) effectively to achieve production targets, quality standards and delivery deadlines.
- Liaise with other departments such as, Technical, NPD, Engineering, Warehousing, Planning, HR and H&S.
- Assist with the planning process of orders and planning dispatching of products.
- Minimise production costs where applicable through effective use of manpower, equipment, facilities and raw materials.
- Conduct training in a timely manner in order to reduce litigation risks.
- Establish group and individual accountabilities throughout assigned departments & processes.
- Manage spending against budget, controlling spending in relation to changes in production volume.
- Ensure production schedules are planned and adhered to and planning working rotas for staff and organising agency staff, where applicable.
- Ensuring products are produced correctly and safely in accordance with health and safety procedures (especially chemicals and food that maybe dangerous).
- Daily management of production KPI's and reporting information into the General Manager.
- Ensuring relevant paperwork and checks are completed in line with company procedures.
- Ensure food safety legislation and guidelines as well as company policies are adhered to.
- Escalate any unresolved issues to the General Manager in a timely manner.
- To adhere to and promote best practice in accordance with company health, safety and quality regulations.
- To ensure GMP (good manufacturing practices) and housekeeping (clean as you go) are strictly adhered to.
- Control and minimise waste.
- Play an active part in continuous improvement.
- Ensure all completed work is safe and hygienic and complies with FSA and health and safety legislation.
- To have a duty of care to yourself and others.
- Monitoring the security of the stock and site, where applicable.
- Completing all necessary daily records as required by the company.
- To be vigilant in detecting and reporting any issues which may arise affecting the performance / safety of plant or equipment.
- Liaise with Senior Management Teams with any reasonable requests.
- Drive own personal development through training and work-based experience.
- To undertake such other duties as may be required from time to time, that reasonably fall within the scope and grade of the post.
- Flexible approach to working hours.
- Maintenance of computerised administration via use of internal IT system (CDC).
- On-call duties out of hours to resolve any issues out of hours.
Production facility producing Mushrooms for a range of customers throughout the UK. Shifts may change due to the nature of the business as we go in and out of peak seasons.
- Reporting & supporting the Factory Manager.
- Liaising with other department's (internal and external).
- Liaising with Technical, Warehousing, NPD, Engineering
- Assistant Production Manager.
- Production Supervisor.
- Production Operatives.
Hours of Work
- 40 hours per week.
- 5 days per week
- Start time will vary dependent on the needs of the business.
- Hours of operation of the business 7 days per week
- Flexible approach to working hours to meet the demands of the business.
Essential Qualifications / Experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Driven and motivated.
- Previous experience as a Production Manager in a food production environment.
- Positive attitude to work colleagues.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Good – Excellent IT skills.
- Food hygiene qualification.
- Previous experience of day one for day two production.
- Previous experience of working with seasonal produce.
- Previous experience of working in a chilled, fast paced FMCG environment.
Desired Qualifications / Experience
- Must adhere to all procedures laid out in Employee Handbook and Health & Safety Handbook.
- Advanced food hygiene qualification.
- HACCP qualification.
- Degree in a relevant subject.
- A health and safety qualification.
Apply for Production Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly