Cross and Wells Ltd (C&W) was formed on the 9th December 2002 by Stephen Cross & Professor John Wells, and is an independent third party service provider delivering Production, Storage, Ripening and Quality.
Since forming in 2002, the company has gained considerable experience in handling a wide variety of products. Our customer base covers the multiples, traders, caterers, wholesale and other specialist trades.
The Technical Manager reports directly to the General Manager and has overall responsibility for all Technical and Quality matters on behalf of the company.
The chairman of The HACCP team, they are responsible for keeping HACCP plan up to date and ensure it is reviewed annually at least and that it is a usable and reflective tool, using CCP's (decision tree) and quality checks as appropriate to the business needs.
The Technical Manager must ensure the QAM and customer Specs are up to date and compliant
- To uphold Cross & Wells operating principals from a Technical perspective ensuring we deliver to business requirement
- To provide a safe and legal trading position for the company in all matters Technical within the defined areas of responsibility
- Ensure the company remains at the forefront of all aspects of Production, & Innovation delivering to the business and our customers
- Establish, develop & maintain strong relationships with customers, suppliers, and other relevant industry bodies
- The management & delivery of specific Technical functions as required by the business, our suppliers and our customers
- Communicate well both internally and externally with suppliers, customers (Commercial and Technical), and industry bodies, as required by the business Regulation updates – interpretation compiling and distributing information regarding EU / UK regulations as relevant to the business Assist with the creation of customer and supplier reviews using data compiled within the Technical, Operational and Commercial teams
- To represent the company in a profession manner & perform audits at source as required by the business Rejections – investigations & customer responses
- Specification Management – Internal Specification Management with communication back to source as required Product Trace-backs – an overall understanding of the process
- Assist where necessary with the customer Due Diligence to help manage the process within the Technical team
- Responsibility within own area for all Due Diligence compliance. To play an active role, alongside HR, endorsing Equal Opportunities in the introduction and progression of all employees, both new and old and in ensuring that at all times such staff are aware of their roles and responsibilities they hold within the Company
- To be aware of your own responsibilities for Health & Safety and to play an active part in ensuring that all staff work within the Company’s Health & Safety Policy
The post holder must:
- Demonstrate strong product knowledge (or ability & willingness to rapidly develop)
- Be a highly competent and efficient administrator
- Be able to effectively work in a busy, noisy and high pressured, open plan office environment
- Be able to demonstrate a proactive and flexible attitude to work
- The ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of people at varying levels both internally and externally including suppliers and customers
- Ability to form strong supplier / customer relations
- The confidence to negotiate with suppliers & customers when appropriate
- Demonstrates a ‘can do approach’ & continuous improvement
- Be sufficiently numerate and a clear logical thinker with good analytical skills
- Be self-motivated
- Have good time management, planning and organisational skills
- Be able to work to tight deadlines
- Be able to work as part of a team as well as independently when required
- Take ownership of your key areas of responsibility and development
- Possess competent PC skills (Word, Excel, Outlook, and various customer specific web-based systems)
- Industry knowledge & training may be required pending the specific areas of responsibility required in the role