Senior NPD Manager
My client is a privately owned company with a highly automated plant producing high quality authentic bakery products for UK and Irish market. Due to massive expansion they are currently looking to recruit an experienced Senior NPD Manager.
Overall responsibilities for managing and supporting the delivery of innovative high quality products working closely with all internal teams in delivering business results. This is a specialized development role requiring an important combination of product and process knowledge. The role offers an excellent opportunity for an individual who would like to work in a dynamic and innovative growing environment. This is a new senior role working in a forward thinking and fast growing business.
Role and Responsibilities
- 5 direct reports
- Effectively manage the product development process from concept generation through to launch, ensuring accurate costing and timeframes are applied
- Scope out potential projects factoring in ingredient sourcing and compatibility, engineering and production capability as well as specifications and packaging requirements
- Facilitate NPD team working across all functions in order to deliver focused and cost effective product development with optimises existing capabilities
- Manage critical paths for NPD Projects, delivering agreed programmes of work through effective negotiation with internal and external stakeholders
- Engage with purchasing to define supply chain requirements and understand costs
- Effectively cost out and assess the feasibility of potential new products to ensure delivery at affordable unit price and appropriate margins
- Identify improvements or enhancements to existing products lines
- Effectively engage with clients to understand current and future requirements with a view to identifying potential gaps in the market and or improvements to existing product lines
- Third level degree in Food / Bakery / Related [Technical/ Scientific/ Applied]
- NPD Management experience – Consumer Food / Bakery – Minimum 8 years
- Experienced with Retailers and/or Food Service
- Demonstrate successful development & launch achievements
- Culinary flair and interest - drive and passion for food
Excellent salary and benefits package
Indicative Salary Range: £75000 - 90000 + Excellent Benefits
KPI Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
All candidates registering with KPI Recruitment Ltd. will need to provide proof of identity, and evidence of any experience, training and qualifications our client considers necessary for their position.