Team Leader - Erith
Hovis Limited is a vertically integrated baking and flour milling business currently operated by The Gores Group as part of a stand-alone joint venture. The Company was created in April 2014 to help release new investment to upgrade its operational infrastructure and reinvigorate the Hovis brand, building on its rich heritage. Nish Kankiwala our CEO brings a wealth of commercial and marketing experience from previous roles with Unilever, Pepsico and Burger King. He has been an integral part of the business for the past 2 years and has recently taken over as CEO.
A great opportunity has arisen at Hovis we're looking for a Team Leader to play a key role in supporting Operations Team at Erith Site. To lead the site Operations team to effectively deliver green every day programme and ensure the efficient production of Safe and Legal Food.
Reporting to the Production FLM, the successful candidate will be required to work a shift pattern involving working day shifts, night shifts and weekends. (4 on 4 off shift pattern)
- To provide inspirational leadership
- Ability to effectively lead and engage teams through change management programmes.
- To manage, develop and lead the site Operations team.
- To develop an efficient & effective production in line with the site plan and key business performance indicators.
- To ensure the site complies with company and legal standards (safety, hygiene, environment, security).
- Creates and delivers the production strategy and area plan and uses their team to ensure continuous improvement activity is in place to drive year on year improvements.
- HQC+ documentation
- Demonstrate visible leadership for the site teams.
- Create an empowering culture and develop a plan to improve employee engagement for their team and the total site.
- Work with the team to ensure a culture of continuous improvement becomes commonplace.
- Ability to build effective and high performing teams across the site.
- Encourage teamwork and an inclusive environment so that all employees on site are treated fairly and consistently.
- Owns and reviews department organisation structure and headcount standards, ensuring appropriate succession plans, recruitment and development plans are in place.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Exceptional BB or industry Operations experience will be considered in lieu of qualifications
- IT literate
- Good verbal and numerate skills
- Financial acumen
- Excellent communication skills
- Action oriented and energetic
- Ability to build effective teams
- Drive for results – can push self and others to deliver outstanding results
- BRC & third party audit exposure
- Food hygiene level 2
- IOSH managing safely
Location: Based in Erith
Type of role: Full Time, Permanent
Reporting to: First Line Manager
Closing Date: 25th May 2018
Applicants must have the right to work in the UK
Apply for Team Leader - Erith
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly